Miscellaneous Newark Air Museum News 2015

NAM Updater

Several updates have been added to the museum website this morning and these include:

An update to the sellers list for the Aeroboot / Aerojumble tomorrow – more details of the museum sale items.

An update about the building project – more details in here.

Plus news of an influx of black and white photographs – that will be on sale from tomorrow in the Museum Shop.

Im interested in the shirts and mugs.im intending to get down to the museum over the Easter hols..this weekend hopefully.

Daz

That’s good to hear and thank you for supporting us via possible purchases. :goodjob:

The museum is open every day throughout the Easter Holiday period; times etc. are detailed here.

It’s always worth remembering that you don’t need to pay a museum admission fee if you’re just shopping; lots of free car parking just outside!

We should have some cockpits open during the same period and I’m just trying to gather some details to together and get things confirmed.

Ooo,Vulcan open over the weekend..my lads favourite plane..if that's not a good excuse to go i don't know what is.lets hope the weather is as favourable as it is here today.hopefully,see you Saturday

Daz

Oo,how tall do you have to be..he's about 5' he's only 12.

Daz

Well,I never got there.truck failed mot yesterday,nothing major but needed to be in today for the bits sorting.looks like we've missed the Vulcan open cockpit .oh well,such is life.

Daz

What?? How did I miss the Vulcan being open today? Im sure it said Saturday then tuesday..has this just been updated? What's open if anything wednesday?

Daz

I only found out myself about 2 hours ago and yes it has been updated - we rely on volunteers for cockpit opening as explained in here http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/NAM_open_cockpits and their availability can change; sorry for any inconvenience!

On Friday we had the reverse effect due to traffic chaos around Newark and a volunteer not being able to get in to the museum, which meant the aircraft wasn't open.

Not sure about Wednesday yet.

Edited by NAM Updater

I understand perfectly..it just doesn't help visitors like me who are 2+ hours away..but that of course is nobodies fault.

As soon as you hear about Wednesday,let me know.its the only day me and the wife are free from work.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Daz