Woody37's year in plastic

woody37

As I've just finished the last build of this year, can now post them. 8 in total. Hoped for more, but real life tends to create distractions, damn those kids and work!

Azur 1/72 Morane Saulnier M.S.406 - review build

24_zps1c96fe24.jpg

Hasegawa 1/72 Lancaster Grandslam

46_zps82269b4c.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane Free French

37_zps9afd73c5.jpg

Hasegawa 1/48 Hurricane Romanian

30_zps7b486f81.jpg

Airfix 1/24 Spitfire Vb - USAAF

47_zpsbb7fdee2.jpg

Airfix 1/72 C-47 Review build

57_zps7c957dcb.jpg

PLanet / Revell 1/72 Avro Manchester

f7_zps3870ebf2.jpg

And finally, hot off the bench, the Sword 1/72 Lightning t.5

f4_zpse4724f7b.jpg

Thanks for looking, have a great 2015 :)

Neil

• Like 18

No favourites among that lot Neil, they're all just helluva good, nah, sorry, I'm lying, the Lightning & GS Lanc stand out, but only 'cause they're very helluva good. :)

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Hi Neil! What a superb collection for the year! I have thoroughly enjoyed following your builds. Fantastic attention to detail and beautiful painting and weathering. I look forward to seeing what you make in 2015.

Kind regards,

Stix

Quick question woody, how did you contrast your black on the Manchesters panels? It's top notch and I'd love to learn it.

Sorry, just noticed your question. I sprayed Nate black then added a drop of white and did patches slightly lighter in the centre of panels to break the colour up. Also works to add a small drop of dark earth to add another variation to the surface.

Something else I'm experimenting with is to apply more varnish on panel lines so not only do you get tonal variations, but reflectivity variations too which I tried here