de Havilland DH90 Dragonfly, 1/72, scratch

JWM

Hi,

Back to secondliners. De Havilland DH 90 Dragonfly. One of "missed" (not produced) injection kit in 1/72. For me it bacame so much "missed" that I decided to do her out of scratch. There are some resin but very expencieve. Old vacu is not available, I think.

I reported the construction work, together with DH 84 (far from finish as yet) on WIP:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971246-de-havilland-dh-84-dragon-and-dh-90-dragonfly-scratch-conv-172/

(EDIT 26 JUl 2017 - it will be re-available soon I hope)  So, this is my the newest production - today, when I was making photos the matt coat was not still very dry :)

I am sorry that I havn't done it in British markings - I was searching for interesting camo for RAF, RAAF or SAAF (preferable - I had hopes for DE/MS/Azure) and I did not found any interesting one. I found some but typical. Thus I was considering Spanish (both sides of Civil War) or Danish (silver, what can be inconvenient for scratch build model) when I found in Net photos of a Dutch one - impossed to Royal Netherland Air Forces, 1940. This particular machine was destroyed during German invasion in 1940 (photos I posted in WIP).

Here she is:

dragonfly DSC03125dragonfly DSC03124dragonfly DSC03123dragonfly DSC03118dragonfly DSC03117

And two last photos with help of flesh:

dragonfly DSC03116dragonfly DSC03115

Thank you for watching

I wish all the best for everybody on the BM in New Year 2015!

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
switch to Flickr
  • Like 13

Thank you Steve very much - It is difficult to get good result with totaly scratch built, my Dragonfly is no exception here, thus I appreciate very much your comment :).

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Not only do you dabble in scratch building, but you go for a BIPLANE?!!!

Why make your life easy when you can go the whole hog?

I may attempt this in another life. Great job!

JR

• Like 1

Thank you Adrian, Ben and Jean for your comments. Now I want to do more de Havilland's secondliners - like a Fox Moth for example.Two of them were used in SEAC as ambulances....And small conversion also like DH 60 floatplane of RYAF ("Sarajevo")

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• 1 year later...

HI Jerzy!!!

Without a doubt you have done a great work to obtain this  nicely done aircraft. Also think that your showcase is full of jewels made as you did with this one, great love, a huge ammount of work, great discipline and above all, the perfect part combination to obtain exactly what you wanted. My admiration and cheers  to you My Friend!!!

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers from Guatemala,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Many thanks Gents for comments...

I restores RFL now but not yet WIP - it needs much more time for econstruction since there is much more photos and which is which is difficult to reeber...

Regrards

J-W

• Like 2