48th scale Kittyhawk Mk.II & Mk.III- 3 Sqn RAAF & 5 Sqn SAAF- Italy 1944

Hiya Folks,

I`ve been going through the shelf of doom and these are my latest two finished,

DSCF2545_NEW_zpsc8a3b45c.jpg

Kittyhawk Mk.II- 3 Sqn RAAF flown by Sqn Ldr. Brian Eaton

AMTech kit with the chequered markings worn on the tail by Brian Eaton, although those on the model are aligned wrong as I`d forgotten that they should be squared on rather than diagonal as seen in some artwork! We`ve all been there, lots on your mind and a late night decalling session where you`ve forgotten your research and just gone with the available drawings,....only to realise in the morning that you`ve cocked up and find the reference photo that you meant to use in the first place! I didn`t have enough chequer markings to re do the tail so I`ve had to leave it as it is,..for now. It also wears the 3 Sqn RAAF unit insignia on the nose, which Eaton also wore on his later Mustang`s in Italy as a Wing Commander. The resin nose on this model is so heavy that the undercarriage is buckling under the weight and had to be reinforced to stop it splaying outwards any more!

DSCF2544_NEW_zps540cdbac.jpg

DSCF2550_NEW_zps7b960b0b.jpg

DSCF2557_NEW_zpsdf4a42b5.jpg

DSCF2556_NEW_zps3f2e121f.jpg

Kittyhawk Mk.III- 5 Sqn SAAF `Lady Godiva'

This is the Eduard kit with decals for the famous Lady Godiva with a Stork carrying a bomb. Judging from the available reference photo it retained the RAF red centres to its roundels and did not have orange centres applied like others in the background.

DSCF2543_NEW_zps1cabea54.jpg

DSCF2549_NEW_zpsb4aacbd4.jpg

DSCF2548_NEW_zps3c076103.jpg

DSCF2560_NEW_NEW_zpsfd186618.jpg

DSCF2553_NEW_NEW_zps9797464e.jpg

Again,....both were brush painted and I hope you like them,

Cheers

Tony

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 19

Beautifull Kittyhawks - P 40 with Merlin is ... different! :) I have not made Merlin P 40 yet, so I am still not familiar with this look.

Excelent hairbrush work - I am glad to see that I am not the last using this technique, but you are Master in this!

Happy New Year

Jerzy-Wojtek

• 1 month later...