Revell 1:24 Enzo Ferrari

Hi Everyone,

Here is another 2015 build : Revell 1:24 Enzo Ferrari which is part of the Revell Ferrari Set II.

This kit has some mesh pieces in the kit, which have to be cut to the correct shape to get them in the kit.

Anyway here are the photos of the kit.

IMG_6211_zps2sckvrl2.jpg

IMG_6222_zpsgyzag2wk.jpg

IMG_6221_zpsq96qxyzn.jpg

IMG_6220_zps7npc5sby.jpg

IMG_6219_zpsm4jowl0a.jpg

IMG_6216_zpshiv5p74k.jpg

IMG_6215_zpseeltbvob.jpg

IMG_6213_zpsxy6wy5d8.jpg

Updates will follow.

Thanks for looking.

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 1

Hi Matt,

I haven't actually started building the kit yet, I just wanted to get it primed as I was priming anyway.

I have photocopied the mesh templates for this kit and the other ferrari and will be having a look at them probably tomorrow before contacting Revell (if I need to).

Will let you know tomorrow how I get on with the mesh.

ATB,

Rick

Rick a bit of advice, if you want the engine cover to fit properly concentrate on it now as I have done this kit and it looked as though I the engine cover was at a slightly different scale to the car

Shaun

Hi I am really looking forward to this build as I have one of these as well! Really interested in what colour scheme you'll choose.. or maybe just red?

Hi,

I'm not sure what colour scheme to go for.

I have done a google search and found a picture of the car in Blue which looks particularly nice. See below.

cover_zpsn1kogoqx.jpg

Rick

Rick a bit of advice, if you want the engine cover to fit properly concentrate on it now as I have done this kit and it looked as though I the engine cover was at a slightly different scale to the car

Shaun

Hi Shaun,

Thanks for the advice.

Do you mean the part in my picture below ? If so, you mean I should fit it to the car body immediately ?

cover_zps0dfc5ec3.jpg

Cheers,

Rick

• Like 1

That's the bit, by all means it may have just been a bad batch of molds or my luck with this car as not alot seemed to go right for me

Shaun

Personally I would test fit it just to make sure but that's me

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Following Shaun's suggestion above, I have removed the engine cover from the sprue and test fitted into place on the body of the car (it isn't permanently fitted).

IMG_6338_zpsvqfsl0k5.jpg

I haven't done anything more than offer it into place as I have been working on my Hayabusa build all day.

Cheers,

Rick

Looking forward to seeing this kit go together, I think the blue scheme you put a picture of earlier would have looked really nice and I can't believe you didn't want to paint a pink one! :P

I guess you can't go wrong with a red Ferrari though! ;)

• Like 1

Looking forward to seeing this kit go together, I think the blue scheme you put a picture of earlier would have looked really nice and I can't believe you didn't want to paint a pink one! :P

I guess you can't go wrong with a red Ferrari though! ;)

I may still change my mind on the colour.

I have a jar of tamiya x-4 blue paint on the way and I seriously doubt I will use all of it on the 2 builds it is intended for. So watch this space on the colour.

• 4 months later...