Mexican 1/144 F-5F Freedom Fighter - **FINISHED**

Thank you CliffB, I'll just be happy if they turn up. I do have another canopy I can use, but it has a massive crack in it. I will use that as Plan D.

So I had some time the last couple of days to actually get some work on it done. I also made a discovery... I do not have enough decals to make the E. So I will have to order them and make the E at a later date. Picture time!

16819472608_afc2b9844e_b.jpg

This is apparently the colours the F-5's operate in. I've still gotta paint the nose, tail and the engines. The launcher rail snapped off during painting but it has been put in a safe place.

16819712210_a3fedbebb7_b.jpg

And the otherside, I am not sure if the camo shape is correct but it's bloody hard in 1/144 plus with the painting guide I had was a PITA.

Hopefully more soon!

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

Little more done on this over the Easter break, was hoping for more... but SWMBO wanted to actually go out... blah!

16444501613_203257f6c9_b.jpg

16878427259_999d279c2e_b.jpg

Now all I gotta do is wait for the new canopy to turn up. Need to gloss coat it, but everytime I gloss Tamiya paints they always run... maybe it's just me?

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Gotta make a start on the Saudi one now to get that done.

• Like 1

Looking good Dazz. Can't wait to see those decals :popcorn:

Cliff

Thank you Cliff, ask and you shall receive. :)

I started the decals on the F-5... heres a tip for everyone... always check your sources! I have a massive error between the kit and the actual aircraft. More on that later, but the decals have been started.

17086026375_004c316d09_b.jpg

17086026745_7f718984cb_b.jpg

Now can you tell the difference between the top and bottom? 50 points or the one who spots my cock-up...

16899807729_70ccb309f6_b.jpg

Now got to decide how to fix this... hhmm...

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Is it the spine at the bottom of the tailplane Dazz?

I don't know enough about F-5s to understand why there is the discrepency.......

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Aye Cliff it is the tailplane and there is an error with the leading root edges but I can't fix that now in the time I have left. So I will just let it slide this time.

Well it turns out that Austrailas postal service has let me down. The two new F-5F's I ordered, have disappeared from the face of the earth. Luckily I have been given a full refund without question but those kits are bloody hard to find now. So I will have to prepare the busted canopy for this, until such time I can find another kit. The model is almost done, all I have got left is the fuel tank and the canopy, to satin coat it and she is all done.

17246323142_f53f970b45_b.jpg

17248076275_d2dbf9fe61_b.jpg

Oh yeah, I have got to get rid of that dirty white paint on the tail. But she is close to being finished.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

Those wheels need sorting out too...

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Got some more time in the man-cave last night. Finally getting there, I've had to go with the busted canopy as my spares failed to materialise. Need to sort the paint on said canopy but once that is done she will be finished. :)

16675654364_4397e669ac_b.jpg

17110573280_227a41ff03_b.jpg

Please excuse the bad photography, it was taken late last night, but you get the idea.

Kind Regards,

Dazz

• Like 1

Right I am calling this one done, I will revisit this one later on when I can get my hands on another F-5F kit and I still have the F-5E to finish off (which wasn't part of this GB). The canopy is a massive let down, I bet you I find the other one now. Oh well... More pictures tomorrow in natural light for the gallery. :)

16714805913_c08c120152_b.jpg

17334668791_a41b08c412_b.jpg

See that massive gouge in the side? Horrible canopy, horrible kit, the cockpit tho was fantastic! I love the stuff from Retro-Wings :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz