Airfix 1/48 Canberra PR9

Ever have one of those kits that you just lose interest in? This one has been hanging around gathering dust 80 % complete for the last 4 years or so. I was initially very keen, and the main airframe went together fairly quickly. Paint was applied (Brush painted Tamiya acrylics) and the it went off the rails. I had a horrible time with the decals - lots of silvering and visible film (despite having a very high gloss finish). More problems followed with the application of Humbrol Mattcote (very patchy looking). Then I ran into problems with the main gear breaking and I threw my hands up in disgust and planted it at the back of the garage. I took it out recently, gave it a good clean (breaking more bits off in the process) and decided to try and finish it. It is missing a few pieces but I am calling this one finished. Due to the different lots of paint used over a 4 year period it has a slightly piebald appearance which I have tried to cover by making it a bit grubby with watercolours. Finished off with my current favourite matt cote of Italeri Flat Clear Acryl. Painted to represent an aircraft of No. 39 Squadron, RAF Marham, 2006.

D0FDEC06-B32E-4974-B870-321271569EBD_zps

716DBE70-C52E-4D35-950A-28FD5012DAA3_zps

79E00783-A2D9-4D4E-9DB7-ACC86BA019E6_zps

13D51500-A1A2-4C34-995A-435A627FDC44_zps

122a5280-4f05-4bd1-9c9d-8675cc43b63c_zps

• Like 13

Yep, I know what you mean about losing interest with a part built kit but you seem to have recovered this one nicely. It looks really good in the photos and I'm betting it looks good in real life too. We can be too hard on our own mistakes when in reality no-one else notices them.

Duncan B

• Like 1