F15C 1/32 (Tamiya + a few extras)

jer

Never built in 1/32 so I thought I'd do my fav plane the F15C. Has to be Tamiya's F15C and to enhance it I scoured the world for AM gear.........went a bit OTT in the end....never mind that's why they invented debt.

16131567332_4d6aa1937a_z.jpg

15944875658_ba0dbdf012_z.jpg

Will post updates soon as I can......

• Like 6

Nice kit, got the same in my stash. Please tell me, where do you get these afterburner nozzles and the seamless intakes?

Regards, Patrick

Hi Patrick, I got the nozzles from America from GT Resin products, they are Ebay.com, got the two wing tanks from him as well.

The Rhino intakes were from Polish model company think they were his last ones, but I did see a set on Ebay a few weeks ago.

Fantastic. I love all the aftermarket. I'll be following this one for sure.

Cheers Tom, sometimes I get more enjoyment sourcing the AM stuff than building the plane!!

Cheers,

Tom.

• Like 2

This should make for an interesting build. I'll tag along and maybe pick up one or two pointers along the way if I may?

Looking forward to some progress and seeing how all of that aftermarket shapes up.

If you're using the Aires cockpit perhaps keep a weather eye on the fit. I've read reports that suggest it can be a bit short in length on bay5 leaving a gap at one end or the other.

Like you, the Eagle is also my favourite aircraft so this is a "must watch" experience for me.

Cheers.

• Like 1

Jer...

Eagles are not MY thing but I do like it's sleek design and you DO turn out some EXCEPTIONAL models

so I will happily follow and see what you do with this...just cuz It doesn't float MY ship doesn't nean I cannot watch you build... .. good luck and happy modeling.

I think I have the large scale Eagle in MY stash :whistle:

and HAPPY NEW YEAR. ...

HOUSTON :clap2:

• Like 1

Ok, started to look at commencing the build and I will start as per normal with the pit.

This F15 needs to have had the MSIP upgrades but I'm looking for advice as to which of the following instrument faces is most accurate/correct as to it's getting a bit confusing.

I have to hand the Aires late pit, the Eduard Interior PE set and the Wolfpack MSIP II set

16142383746_40bb029f53_z.jpg

As per normal I appreciate any advice.

• Like 1

First off I have purchased a couple of books, in fact still waiting for another couple to arrive from Evilbay. Using the pictures in them of MSIP pits have helped me decide to use the aries PE for the instruments and I will update the aries coaming to match the wolfpack one. Will probably try to cut the eduard PE to get the dial surrounds from that to add to the aries PE to make more 3D.

16193240752_8fea19005a_z.jpg

My last build was a Buccaneer and for the MDC on the underside of the canopy I was going to use a white acrylic pen to highlight it. I bottled it!.......but have a new use for it now.

16192162271_47b946d4da_z.jpg

16192166351_b9765a0b2b_z.jpg

Constructed the kits pit to understand what bits I need to remove and to compare to the aries one. The kit pit is really quite good and goes together well but for detail the aries pit is simply superb.

16194699001_beec88cdb2_z.jpg

Will need to drill a hole under the aries seat to cater for the front wheel well screw but will decide if I'll use the second screw when I get to that point.

16170714546_3468305868_z.jpg

During the test fitting I established what needle to be removed from the side walls.

16195749892_381119c393_z.jpg

Side walls tided up...

16196584305_0839a38d6c_z.jpg

First dry fit of aries pit and it's not too bad. It does show however the infamous gap at the rear. I'll use either the kits bulkhead or some plastic card to fill the gap.

16009571590_f31525ffe8_z.jpg

So I'm finally getting my hands dirty on this beast!!!

More updates soon.....

• Like 2

Small bit of progress as I try to work out how the pit fits into the fuselage. Also attached the seat side rails and the seat goes up and down nicely! Wonder how long until I break that!!

First off I tacked the wheel well in situ so that I can play with the aires pit to find the right position. I removed the rear screw plug thing as it is not catered for on the aries pit.

16191163966_a170b4e711_z.jpg

Underneath the pit I drilled a hole to allow the front screw plug thing to fit into it.

15594645154_2873d48b88_z.jpg

Then i routed and area that the top of the wheel well would sit into....

15594692794_330d75dd0e_z.jpg

Then I removed from the port and starboard side panels a lip along the bottom edge that was jutting out....

16031266197_f257d30442_z.jpg

Then I dropped in the pit and could see how much I needed to remove from the aires pit base plus I found shortening the remaining screw plug thing allowed the pit to drop more. I decided to go with using the screw to fix the pit to the wheel well even though there is a gap at the rear of a few millimetres as the front side panels aligned nicely with the kit shape and the rear will be hidden by the canopy.

16029727250_3ee69c4d19_z.jpg

Dry fit test with both sides of fuselage attached and things look pretty good to me. There's that gap.....

16215217021_0641bf3e84_z.jpg

With the canopy frame attached it looks good to have the option to have the canopy down when displaying, there's a small gap where the fuselage sides are slightly wider than the frame but I'll dremel off a bit more from the sides tomorrow night.

16217100305_67d90dd924_z.jpg

Cheers for looking......

• Like 2

I'm going to ask the old Bay 5 question again!!

The Eagle i'm depicting is 79-0076 the Bay 5 colour would have been the infamous metalic greeny blue as the colour apparently changed to white from the 80's. I have a pot of the Xtracolor X159 from a previous Eagle build but i'm wondering would anyone know or know how i can find out if it would have been repainted white at a later date?

I have read (on the internet) that its possible an F-15C can be setup to have two fuel tanks on the wing pylons and no centre line fuel tank, just wondering if this is correct?

Also is it possible that an F-15C can have two AIM-9X missiles on each wing pylon, I have seen plenty of picutres showing double AIM-9's or an AIM-9 + AIM-120 but no photos showing two AIM-9X's on each pylon.

Basically I'm hoping its ok to have two winged fuel tanks, with two AIM-9X's and AIM-120's on the stations on the fuselage.

Any advise appreciated.

• Like 1

l got the Revell one l plan to do with MSIP II upgrades. Wolfpack has a MSIP II upgrade conversion that should be good. As for other upgrades l have to see what is needed and what aircraft had these upgrades

• Like 1