Revell 1/72 flower class corvette

kpnuts

Hi all hull halves together

6IakCjV.jpg

M2QdHlP.jpg

as you can see will need a fair amount of sealant to waterproof it, even though I used a vise the gaps are still quite large. just waiting for the brass rod and tube for the prop shaft to come then I will seal it all.

JnfXnWn.jpg

Eypc4UQ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all done a bit to the corvette. the strengthening tie bars are a joke they bend all over the place had to add some plasticard to them to stiffen them also number 9 rib is about 1.5 mill too long when in place and you add the top deck it creates a gap all down the side so had to had a bit off that, fits ok now.

SKJKOkp.jpg

o33U4GU.jpg

HBgiYf5.jpg

hELfvfc.jpg
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all since my bosses husband is buying the Bentley and my boss has commissioned me to build 2 1/48 Tamiya spits and a 1/48 Tamiya Lancaster (her father was an electrical engineer on the lancaster and actually worked on the Concord too)the corvette is going to have to go on the back burner for a while but here is where I am now on her.

vJgQHdp.jpg

1EQW6rn.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 year later...

Hi all I've had an idea to get this back on the bench, it's a bit out there but those who know me know I can be a bit weird. Anyway I was thinking of doing it as a 1960s bat boat, now first problem it's a 30 crew ship, I can reduce some of that since I have the Airfix jet engine, so I can do away with the crew for stoking the furnace, I figure that's probably 4 less laser cannon instead of the standard armament (I could add several and have them controlled by computor) so I figure 2 or 3 fewer crew there, still a long way from 2 crew or if I include the Butler 3, any suggestions how I can realistically reduce it down to 3, or excuses for why batman would risk his identity and have more crew.

OK I'm doing it here is the jet engine, I'm ditching the rc, there will be a fair amount of hacking involved but this will look nothing like a flower class corvette when done, I envisage lots of bat wings and stuff.

au9jfa.jpg

9bdgxt.jpg

307onj6.jpg

2v0ebyo.jpg

• Like 1

Hi all well here is a quick mockup of where this is going. The jet engine is very disappointing detail wise I will be adding lots more detail and since this will be sprayed gloss black I will be cutting inspection doors in the outer casing to show the detail I will be adding

5lb861.jpg

21ltxn9.jpg

Hi all done a bit more.

fru6b.jpg

33l1kpd.jpg

1z1epaa.jpg

w8ol7n.jpg

As you can see there's no real detail to the jet engine, I know it's meant to be an educational toys to teach kids how a jet engine works and to be see through but I fail to see how this teaches anything, no injectors no pipe work for fuel just some blades which spin and some lights, I think Airfix missed a trick here. And for very little work on their part.

I know nothing about jet engines but I know they need injectors to get the fuel where needed and fuel obviously but here is no indication of either here.

33xbpdf.jpg

Hi all some more progress on this.

2hn1cgp.jpg

2s67z9e.jpg

2wcegq8.jpg

351ealj.jpg

I've concocted a couple of laser cannons for it, I think they look quite convincing, what do you think.

2wn91tv.jpg

4g16yo.jpg

29gbr74.jpg

2edt5k3.jpg

2ch1jf6.jpg

• Like 1

That's one of the weirdest changes of tack I've ever seen on BM... Kpnuts? I think you might be! :lol:

I'd love to know where you're going with this - space? Cyperpunk heaven? :wacko:

• Like 1

Hi all here is tonight's bit, yep nuts by name nuts by nature, sometimes you just have to let the madness out.

jiiedy.jpg

x4rjlw.jpg

2ihxixe.jpg

2zq6901.jpg

I must say I'm quite pleased with my lasers.

Edited by kpnuts
  • Like 1

I don't have a shrink, I'm a well adjusted human being with an IQ of 190 I have plans of world domination by next year, can you imagine how great it will be, everyone following my every word, my word would be law, no more ugly colours only blue, everyone will have to wear ski masks, (nothing else)only music allowed will be ABBA, cheese will be the only food available, it will be epic, I can't wait, may have to bring my plans forward. (Insert evil laugh)

Edited by kpnuts
  • Like 2

I don't have a shrink, I'm a well adjusted human being with an IQ of 190 I have plans of world domination by next year, can you imagine how great it will be, everyone following my every word, my word would be law, no more ugly colours only blue, everyone will have to wear ski masks, (nothing else)only music allowed will be ABBA, cheese will be the only food available, it will be epic, I can't wait, may have to bring my plans forward. (Insert evil laugh)

Sounds good

Especially the cheese

Edited by Levin

Hi all here is the next installment

2mhd936.jpg

pta9u.jpg

9rjfnr.jpg

nmg56v.jpg

I must say I'm enjoying this very much, freedom from anyone saying "that's wrong" is so liberating and I'm loving the fact I can use my imagination to find stuff for making 60s style futuristic stuff ( I thought at the start of this build that the corvette lent itself to that era, modern stuff would be either squarer or more streamlined)

• Like 1

You need not have bothered with the evil laugh text, as we have this -> :evil_laugh:

Looking errm... good? I know it's making some sensible ship builders a tad uncomfortable, but I like it ^_^

• Like 1