Cookenbacher's 2014 in 1/72

Cookenbacher

This was my first year on Britmodeller, and I couldn't be more grateful to have been able to join you all. The camaraderie and knowledge provided here is second to none.

Please forgive this Yank for joining a site called 'Britmodeller' and immediately posting a bunch of American planes. :banghead:

Aspiring to one day be a gentleman, all builds are 1/72.

Whif F-14E Bombcat - Hobby Boss

IMG_0151_zps1991065a.jpg

F/A-18E Super Hornets - Hasegawa

IMG_0329_zps7acbdfa0.jpg

IMG_0402_zps26518bf1.jpg

Whif Falcon FGR.1 - Hasegawa

IMG_0511_zps1c9ca64b.jpg

AV-8B Harrier II+ for the STGB - Hasegawa

IMG_0620_zps102e8ded.jpg

Harrier GR.7A for the STGB - Airfix

IMG_0629_zps4cc81183.jpg

Tornado ECR - Revell

IMG_0728_zps4d82c34a.jpg

Whif Falcon FGR.2 - Hasegawa

IMG_0938_zps7182f68f.jpg

Whif Falcon FGR.3A - Revell

IMG_1034_zpsd1bcae9b.jpg

Lightning F.2A for the STGB - Airfix

IMG_1092_zpscff43aa8.jpg

F-16C Blk 50's - Tamiya

IMG_1139_zpsf513a9aa.jpg

IMG_1120_zps835efe85.jpg

Spitfire IIA - Airfix (my first prop since my return to the hobby)

IMG_1247_zps3e968beb.jpg

F-16D Blk 52+ - Kinetic

IMG_1229_zps1aee9c6e.jpg

I don't know how to explain the number of F-16's, perhaps it was because we both turned 40 in 2014.

Happy New Year everyone!

JD

• Like 15

Theres a lot to like on that line up, fell a bit sorry for the Spitfire though, I think it looks a bit left out. ;) Really like the FGR.1, sure looks the part & the Polish F-16D is really smart, the sort of scheme that gets my interest double quick. :)

Steve.

• Like 1

Andy - Thank you for your open mindedness.

Steve - You're right, that Spit does look a little lonely - I've got an AZ Spitfire IIB on the go to keep it company. :)

Col. - At least one of the British icons is thanks to a STGB you led - thanks for doing so!

Steve Fritag - Praise from Caesar - think I'll take a screenshot of your post and frame it! Your JP's set the standard in my opinion.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

PC - Your underestimate of my age is quite understandable, as I'm very immature!

George and Stew - I've got plenty of props on the docket this year (starting with the P-40 and P-38 STGB's), and I'm armed with plenty of tips from watching your builds.

Will - I know my camera work needs a lot of improvement so nice to hear that it's not completely hopeless.

Sean - It was the 'What-if Chat' section that convinced me to join Britmodeller in the first place, so whifs will always be near and dear to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi JD, I was wondering what you were up to, and found this. Quite a productive year! (to my standards, at least) :goodjob: Quality-wise, an excellent year, I would say.

Oh, and now I realize where all those F16 bits come from :coolio::winkgrin:

Will - I know my camera work needs a lot of improvement so nice to hear that it's not completely hopeless.

Your pics could benefit of a better light source: that would already make a lot of difference

Now I'm about to investigate your P40s WIP

Ciao

Ciao

• Like 1