Thunderbird 4 Kit

Mike

I remember building this as a kit, hand painting it in some kind of yellow, and applying the decals to the matt finish :dunce: and stumbled upon it while I was looking for an N-Gauge loco for Booty Mike. Can anyone tell me which kit this is, whether it is accurate, and whether it's worth renovating, or should I scrub it?

t41.jpg

t42.jpg

Any tips on renovation,making it more accurate, or which recycling box it should go in will be received with thanks :)

• Like 1

Yup its the Bandai kit.

Shape-wise its as accurate as you can get .

My build if this from the start of this year is here: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=234957475

I build a new cockpit to replace the awful toy-like one but the biggest problem you face is this model scales out to 1:60 scale (TB4 is 30 ft long, this is 6 inches) so if you can find a seated pilot-type figure in this scale I'd be very very impressed.

I also replaced the stickers with proper decals. The other thing you could do which I didn't was to add panel lines drawn using a sharp pencil - its the only "complaint" I've ever recived about the model - mine looks too clean :)

I build a new cockpit to replace the awful toy-like one but the biggest problem you face is this model scales out to 1:60 scale (TB4 is 30 ft long, this is 6 inches) so if you can find a seated pilot-type figure in this scale I'd be very very impressed.

How about the guy bottom left - bit of paint and a miliput T'Bird cap & he'll fit right in. I'd have thought 1/64 was close enough to 1/60th for government work... just say Gordon was the short brother!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-FIGURE-SET-1-64-MULTIPACK-13067-GREENLIGHT-GL-MUSCLE-NEW-MODEL-/400729189332?pt=UK_ToysGames_DiecastVehicles_DiecastVehicles_JN&hash=item5d4d522bd4

Thanks for all the comments chaps - some interesting stuff to mull over :thumbsup: Now if only I could find the missing wheels from my Metal Earth Tiger I, I could finish that off, and get on with something a little more... productive! :owww:

• Like 1