Airfix Higgins LVCP 1/72 Landing Craft

JOCKNEY

Hi Everyone

This is the first boat build by my son a Dylan aged 9.

This thread also provides us both with the chance to thank @rotorheadtx (Tony ) for his amazing generosity, we posted a note on the wanted section for a road spring for an Airfix armoured car which had been a victim of the Carpet-monster, Tony came to the rescue but not just in providing us with the missing part, but by giving Dylan some of his 1/72 military kits, our very own Secret Santa !

While I wrestle with a Lightning for the Lightning GB, Dylan is building this one, box and sprue photos below and as we visited France this year we shall be building the D-Day version.

imagejpg1_zps9e476e61.jpg

imagejpg2_zps3f09ae76.jpg

imagejpg3_zpsfd40de14.jpg

imagejpg4_zpsfc414c69.jpg

Cheers Pat & Dylan

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Apologies for the lack of progression, usual excuses, too many hours at work and family stuff.

Progress photos below, really pleased with how he's doing, a bit too much glue in places but I remember having puddles of glue when I was older than he is, and he's being very patient. We need to let tonight's progress set before we proceed with the next stages and the big decision tonight was front ramp open or closed. Dylan decided he wants it open so it looks like it won't be going in the bath after all !

Has anyone attempted to make the ramp able to be opened and closed ? It would be great for him to have the option but don't want to over complicate things, can't resist the temptation to meddle can we !

Cheers Pat & Dylan

imagejpg1_zps11d81163.jpg

imagejpg2_zps814804ca.jpg

imagejpg3_zps3880bd31.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi everyone

Dylan seems to have started lots of projects at the same time and not finished any, I can't think where he gets this bad habit from.

Chance to revisit this one over the weekend, photos of progress to follow

Cheers Pat

• Like 2

Cool project and a vey good kit too.....Are you planning on adding a complement of Commandos? :coolio:

Maybe we should consider organising a 'BM Juniors GB'.....I bet a fair few of us are building models with kids, grandkids, nephews and nieces, maybe we should get them all together in one place so they can inspire one another, just like we do? :hmmm:

My nephew's second most recent project, an Armourfast T-34/85: http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w602/Sgt_Squarehead/texture_zpsbwkbix06.jpg

• Like 2

If you mean THIS, it is indeed my stash, fifteen years worth of crushing boredom expressed in plastic.....It's sorted by manufacturer and about 1/4 of the boxes have more than one copy of the kit in them! :doh:

I live in constant fear of the combined mass achieving criticality and punching a hole in the fabric of space-time! :analintruder:

• Like 5

That is indeed my stash.....It's sorted by manufacturer and about 1/4 of the boxes have more than one copy of the kit in them! :doh:

I live in constant fear of the combined mass achieving criticality and punching a hole in the fabric of space-time! :analintruder:

Blimey, I never thought of that! Having so many kits together that gravity finally gives up and it all collapses into a singularity, probably taking me along with it (I wonder if I could still get some modelling done whilst in the event horizon?).

Regards,

Jason

P.S. Nice job having the young'uns joining along with the modelling fun, Pat!

Edited by Learstang
  • Like 3

It's booby-trapped.....If you remove the wrong kit, the lot will fall on you! :analintruder:

Louis and I have now moved on to an Armourfast M4A2 Sherman, for his evergrowing Soviet force (he has a stash too), he really seems to like Soviet armour.....No idea where any of this comes from, none whatsoever. :shrug:

• Like 3

I don't usually need to go too far to start a build.....Finishing them has been the problem of late. I think my paint queue must be into the thirties by now. I've probably got another twenty builds ongoing, stalled or generally sitting around the place. :blush:

• Like 1