1/144 - Ilyushin Il-76MD & TD "Candid" by Zvezda - released - Wolfpack Design decals

Homebee

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That boxart must depict an empty aircraft. Every IL-76 I have seen struggles to get off the runway with a VERY shallow climb out.

I have a Trumpy one. I wonder how they compare?

On 14/04/2017 at 4:14 PM, Homebee said:

Box art & decals

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Zvezda.ModelKits/posts/945060378930100

Image may contain: airplane and outdoor

V.P.

• Like 1

Artwork looks very odd to me, doing that manoeuvre at such a low altitude is just asking for trouble!

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

1 hour ago, GreenDragon said:

Artwork looks very odd to me, doing that manoeuvre at such a low altitude is just asking for trouble!

Paul Harrison

They are russian so they don't mind.....B)

I have seen some very strange/risky approaches during my years of spotting....once a Il76 scared oure whole town ****less during a sort of a short final on whatever he was aming for while trying to land in Rotterdam....

Edited by janneman36
info added
  • Like 1

Perhaps the crew are executing a particularly low-level manoeuvre and haven't actually been in recent contact with the ground. Yet :o

On 16.4.2017 at 8:47 PM, Radleigh said:

They never take off at that angle though, never ever. Doesn't mean to say I don't like the art though, it's different.

but they can take if in an interesting way nonetheless!

Edited by exdraken

I know they do, I've seen lots taking off... but nearly tail striking is unheard of, like the boxart.. I still like the boxart though regardless of how made up it is. Would be good to cut it out and frame it for the model to sit on after.

• Like 1

Re. the box art, it certainly looks like he's used the full length of that runway though. He's only just rotated before etc threshold of the other end!

• 2 weeks later...