1/72 - MiG-29 (9-13) "Fulcrum-C" & MiG-29SMT (9.19) "Fulcrum-E" by Zvezda - released - Platz boxing

Homebee

• 2 months later...

My Russian is a bit rusty - does this mean that the FOD guards for the upper louvre intakes are included with this release..? 

Cheers,

Andre

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 3:11 PM, kotey said:

No, its proposition from one of e-shops, if you will preorder MiG-29SMT model - you will have a bonus, 4 resin sets.

Hello!

Can you still confirm there is an algerian version please?

• Like 1

Sorry, not in inbox decals, a little later Begemot will release separate aftermarket decal for MiG-29SMT, include Algerian and demo MiG-29SMTs aircrafts, in 1\72 and 1\48 scales. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

It's out in the UK now (it's popped up on eBay). Same price as their MiG-29S which is good (£19-20 range). Given that Trumpeter has recently hiked the price on its MiGs, it's a bit of a bargain, plus the Trumpy SMT has been almost impossible to find here after it was released (and goes for £25+). Don't know what is going on with their distributor but seems to be rather erratic.

The Zvezda kit has a ton of ordinance which is great: the Trumpeter kit only has one Krypton missile which is ridiculous. No other air-to-ground missiles or bombs are provided.

That said, having built both Zvezda and Trumpeter MiG-29Ss, I can't really say the Zvezda is that much better. I felt the Trumpeter to be somewhat better engineered and has superior surface detail. Both have accuracy issues, although in Zvezda's case, the problem is mainly the "nose up" look since the landing gear is too tall. The Zvezda was a bit of a pain to build and I suspect its flaws will be carried over to the SMT...

Edited by Phantome
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

Today Begemot release decal for MiG-29SMT (it isn't really important - have you model form Trumpeter or Zvezda) in 1-72 scale. A little later will release same decal in 1-48 scale too.
You can choose any of now known aircraft from Algerian or Russian Air Force (include aircraft, which took a part in Syrian campaign), also in decal include full stencil set for one aircraft and any external armament for MiG-29SMT.

http://www.begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=172

72-034%20MiG-29SMT.jpg

Edited by kotey
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 2018. 02. 05. at 7:00 PM, kotey said:

Today Begemot release decal for MiG-29SMT (it isn't really important - have you model form Trumpeter or Zvezda) in 1-72 scale. A little later will release same decal in 1-48 scale too.
You can choose any of now known aircraft from Algerian or Russian Air Force (include aircraft, which took a part in Syrian campaign), also in decal include full stencil set for one aircraft and any external armament for MiG-29SMT.

http://www.begemotdecals.ru/showpos.php?lang=2&id=172

72-034%20MiG-29SMT.jpg

Did you know that algerian SMTs were transfered back to Russia?

Anyway, its a pitty that there is no Indain marking. 9.19 and 9.20 is almost the same.

Yes, I'm wrote about this situation in instruction, not all MiG-29SMTs, which were assembled for Algeria were delivered there, all aircrafts, which were delivered were returned back to Russia.

And this decals were made for exactly SMTs, so, sorry no 9.20 there.

• 3 weeks later...

Are Zvezda really making new kits these days? It seems long ago since they made something new and exiting.

A few years ago they where making one of THE best Napoleolic figures in 1/72 ever. Now they are almost invisible...

/André

1 hour ago, Andre B said:

Are Zvezda really making new kits these days? It seems long ago since they made something new and exiting.

A few years ago they where making one of THE best Napoleolic figures in 1/72 ever. Now they are almost invisible...

/André

Andre,

The answer to your question lies elsewhere in the 'Rumourmonger' section. Zvedza recently issued a 1:144 IL-76MD and followed this up with the AEW/AWACs variant, a brand new 1:48 scale kit of the YAK -130 trainer (Mitten) and will release a 1:72 Su-27UB very shortly (if not already)......I know these are not figures but I believe they have released something in most genres in recent times.....They are still very much in contention as a scale model kit manufacturer. 

4 hours ago, Andre B said:

/André

Zvezda have been releasing a few new tools recently. 

I built their Su-27SM which is an amazing kit

plus new several kits in the last 5-6 years. BF-109 and Su-2 in 1/48. Mig 29 in a few different versions in 1/72. They release the Mil-26 Halo and quite simply the best 1/72 Mil-24 Hind on the market. 

Honestly to miss all this you'll have to have locked yourself in a cupboard to miss all this

6 hours ago, Andre B said:

/André

Hei,

They are releasing AFVs/tanks in 1/72 & 1/35, airliners and transports in 1/144, military aircraft in 1/144, 1/72 & 1/48 and an Imperial Star Destroyer lately.

So yes, they are releasing a mix of completely new moulds and updated/old moulds.  

http://zvezda.org.ru/en/

According to the their web site is the T-35 in 1/72 with 237 parts recommended for 7 years and older - so Russian modellers are quite good from an early age!

Edited by LN-KEH
miss spelling

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2018 at 2:59 AM, LN-KEH said:

Hei,

They are releasing AFVs/tanks in 1/72 & 1/35, airliners and transports in 1/144, military aircraft in 1/144, 1/72 & 1/48 and an Imperial Star Destroyer lately.

So yes, they are releasing a mix of completely new moulds and updated/old moulds.  

http://zvezda.org.ru/en/

According to the their web site is the T-35 in 1/72 with 237 parts recommended for 7 years and older - so Russian modellers are quite good from an early age!

I think that 7 years is the lenght of the building. :P

Hi,

Andre, I think Zvezda has now reached my top 5 (3?) list as the most active and most interresting brand in the industry. 

I build 1/72 (fighters) and 1/144 (liners) aircraft kits and I closely follow their release list... 

Eric B.