Zvezda catalog 2015 - programme

Homebee

The 1:350 HMS Hood is a surprise given that the Trumpeter kit is quite good with only a few minor issues. I wonder if they are planning to do the same version (i.e. 1941 fit) or and earlier fit. Hopefully the latter as it will then be easier to justify buying one as I already have the Trumpeter kit.

The Zvezda Bf109G-6 plus the Trumpeter kit will make two new tools of this aircraft next year plus the Eduard retool of their kit. Acquiring the Trumpeter kit will definitely be a much lower priority than the other two.

The 1:350 HMS Hood is a surprise given that the Trumpeter kit is quite good with only a few minor issues. I wonder if they are planning to do the same version (i.e. 1941 fit) or and earlier fit. Hopefully the latter as it will then be easier to justify buying one as I already have the Trumpeter kit.

The Zvezda Bf109G-6 plus the Trumpeter kit will make two new tools of this aircraft next year plus the Eduard retool of their kit. Acquiring the Trumpeter kit will definitely be a much lower priority than the other two.

The Zvezda 109's are likely to be the winner, since they are no doubt developments of Zvezda's world-beating Freidrich's.

• Like 1

Jesus.............wouldn't you think Zvezda would have done a decent Mig 25 by now?

I would have thought they'd have done a decent Sukhoi Su-24 by now. Instead, they reissued the Italeri/Dragon/Revell caricature a few years back.

MiG-29C in 1/72 and 1/48 Bf 109G-6. My dreams are already fulfilled for 2015. !

I am not that really happy that Eduard made a mess of the 109E and G but at least it gave Zvezda the opportunity to jump in the open breach. Now for the MiG-29C , i am quite sure it is going to be the definitive replacement

for the (still good but with some shape shortcomings) ICM kit. I just hope it's going to be the equal if not better ( if possible) than their Su-27.

For the Su-24 I also wished Zvezda to produce one but it already exist a very good kit in 1/72 made by STRIM. No that easy to build ( in fact a real nightmare) but very good in shape and details.

Madcop :Tasty:

No that easy to build ( in fact a real nightmare) but very good in shape and details.

Not when you look at the rear fuselage AFAIK. The nozzles are too far from each other and you have a "wide butt" model as in the Trumpeter 1/48 kit.

Not when you look at the rear fuselage AFAIK. The nozzles are too far from each other and you have a "wide butt" model as in the Trumpeter 1/48 kit.

Hi Laurent

I was refering to the fuselage shape compared to the Italeri-Dragon one. Couldn't remember about the butt ! This STRIM kit dates from 2002 and at the time it was a quantum leap. I still have it , dry runned and I will check this "Trumpeter butt". But if my memory is still reliable ( and I begin to doubt about it ) it pretty well matched the ZLIN 1/72 plan. But I could be wrong and you sure could be right.

Always a pleasure to read you.

Madcop :goodjob:

I think it should be MiG-29S in our alphabet.

Hi rav,

I think we have got the same alphabet

I was refering to the 9-13 model known here as MiG-29 (9-13) Fulcrum C - Hunchback. Or in short MiG-29C.

This should englobe de MiG-29S 9-13, MiG-29SD 9-12S or 9-13S, MiG-29SE 9-12SE or 9-13SE models).

I read somewhere that in regular service all these types and subtypes are simply refered to MiG-29 to make it even shorter !.

I just call it the Hunchback !

Madcop :bye:

I was refering to the 9-13 model known here as MiG-29 (9-13) Fulcrum C - Hunchback. Or in short MiG-29C.

You're mixing the Russian naming and NATO naming. I don't think the Russians like that... :)

I'm with RAV here. The latin equivalent of the Cyrillic "C" is "S", so MiG-29S.

You're mixing the Russian naming and NATO naming. I don't think the Russians like that... :)

I'm with RAV here. The latin equivalent of the Cyrillic "C" is "S", so MiG-29S.

Hi Laurent

I only mix with people :winkgrin:

RAV was talking about alphabet and as he is a Pole I answered that we had the same alphabet.

That's also why I said " known here" ( western countries) as to make the difference with Russia and its cyrilic alphabet.

I am also with him and you for MiG-29S of course !

Madcop. :banghead:

P.S.

What about these Mirage F1 from MPM ? No news any more ?

For the Su-24 I also wished Zvezda to produce one but it already exist a very good kit in 1/72 made by STRIM. No that easy to build ( in fact a real nightmare) but very good in shape and details.

I have the Strim kit myself and have been working with it on and off for a few years now.

It was cetainly a leg up on its only 1/72 scale competition, but not without it's own hang ups.

Laurent pointed out the back end already.

The total lack of anything to stick under the wings was also a big drawback, Strim could have at least thrown in a pair of fuel tanks as they were of a type unique to the Su-24.

The STrim cockpit was basic and canopy clear parts thick and somewhat distorted.

The engineering of the landing gear instalation really left much to be desired as well.

The Strim kit was difficult to find at the time Zvezda chose to reissue inaccurate kits of the Su-24. It was a golden opportunity for them to produce a fully new tooled kit that could be both accurate and not an overengineered nightmare; it was an opportunity they sadly didn't take.

As the link to the catalogue is now back, I took the chance to follow up the non-aircraft new releases.

Firstly there is no 1/350th HMS HOOD in the revised version I can find, just a 1/720th one (page 77) which looks to be the old Italeri item - was that why the catalogue needed correction perhaps? The 1/350th MARAT is promised for 2015 now.

There are quite a few more promised in the Hot War and Art of Tactics series, with a 144th I-16 Rata and LA 5 fighters and 1/100th Pz IV F2, Tiger 1, Sherman, M3 Lee and Stuart tanks - these latter suggesting that there might be a North Africa or Italy campaign range to come.

There seem to be some new 1/35th Russian modern figures promised and more Art of Tactics Russian, German and British command group 1/72nd sets and a fair number of reboxed Napoleonic figure groups - which had already been announced I believe

My reading of Russia and Cyrillic isn't up to decoding the details of the text but there appears to be a 1/35th T35, Pz IV H, Hunting Panther and 2 versions of the King Tiger to come but I wonder if any are reboxing of other manufacturer's existing efforts. If this catalogue is only aimed at their domestic market, the distinction would presumably not be made explicitly.

By the look of it, the aircraft fans got the most attention by a long way!

In Zvezda Facebook

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Zvezda.ModelKits/photos/a.119782984791181.13199.110897742346372/523684157734393/?type=1&theater

It's happen! New releases is here and we are proud to announce our new model kits.

After New Year we will share the second part of our upcoming model kits in 1:72 scale.

- 4809 SOVIET DIVE BOMBER PE-2

- 4816 GERMAN FIGHTER AIRCRAFT MESSERSCHMITT BF-109 G6

- 3601 GERMAN HEAVY TANK Т-VIB «KING TIGER»

- 3616 «KING TIGER» WITH PORSCHE TURRET

- 3634 GAZ M1 SOVIET CAR

- 3665 RUSSIAN MODERN INFANTRY

- 7012 BOEING 777

- 7017 AIRBUS А-321

- 7306 Ju-87B2 Stuka

- 3636 BMPT “Terminator”

- 7278 Russian fighter Mikoyan MiG-29S (9-13)

- 7269 HEAVY NIGHT FIGHTER JUNKERS JU-88 G6

- 9052 Soviet Battleship «Marat»

- 3667 T-35 heavy tank

- 5020 Russian Tank T-90

1555545_523684157734393_5350492054608863

10931214_529613717141437_821236462645903

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

• 1 month later...