That looks nice. I await my kit with great interest. In fact I have ordered another one to finish in the white/silver RAF Transport Command scheme.

For future RAF kits in 1/144 scale of course I would like to see the A W Argosy, Hastings and Avro Lincoln.

John

• Like 1

I must admit (look away those who don't like repetition) that my favourite would be a HP Halton, which does seem to be the main/only postwar British airliner yet to appear in injected-kit form or in diecast 1/144. I do have the Airspede resin but it doesn't look to be anywhere near as good as this Beverley.

Whoopee! Hannants have the Beverley listed in their latest arrivals at £25.99. A bit pricey but comparable to if you ordered it from Ukraine with postage.

Hmmm, I want four of them - RAF Transport Command 47 Sqn., 84 Sqn. Middle East camo., A&AEE Boscombe Down and RAE Farnborough.

Definately agree with others about an Argosy, also a Handley Page Hastings, Vickers Varsity and Valetta/Viking and a Short Belfast....sorry, mustn't get carried away! :coolio:

Hello, the enlarged/extended lower intakes on the engine cowlings look like tropical sand (or dust) filters. These aircraft were used in the Middle East (Aden) and sand or dust would have been a big problem for piston engines at that time (and even now, for turbine engines, believe me!).

I've just opened mine and found I have the only six engined Beverley in captivity - I have an extra engine sprue!

I may turn it into a freight load to fill out that cavernous hold.

I do hope my mediocre modelling skills can do this kit justice.

Good news really. All the effort and outlay these small manufacturers put in to relatively obscure subjects. Great to hear they sell well.

That's what I thought. Its also a wake up call to the mainstream producers who turn out endless Spitfires and 109s that obscure do sell.
  • Like 1

I've just opened mine and found I have the only six engined Beverley in captivity - I have an extra engine sprue!

I may turn it into a freight load to fill out that cavernous hold.

I do hope my mediocre modelling skills can do this kit justice.

I've just received mine from Hannants & for the second time in two weeks have received a kit with most of the instructions missing!! Mine start at stage 13 & end at 14!

Would anyone be able to oblige me with a scan of their (complete!) ones please?

MTIA

Keith

Just received my Beverley and have to say that it looks very good indeed. Fine panel lines, internal detail so that you can model it with the clamshell doors off. 4 decal options, 3 silver/white machines and a desert camouflage machine. Count me happy!

Well done Micro Mir - now for an A W Argosy.

John

Just received my Beverley and have to say that it looks very good indeed. Fine panel lines, internal detail so that you can model it with the clamshell doors off. 4 decal options, 3 silver/white machines and a desert camouflage machine. Count me happy!

Well done Micro Mir - now for an A W Argosy.

John

Any chance of a scan of your instructions - pleeeeassse?

I've just received mine from Hannants & for the second time in two weeks have received a kit with most of the instructions missing!! Mine start at stage 13 & end at 14!

Would anyone be able to oblige me with a scan of their (complete!) ones please?

MTIA

Keith

All sorted thanks to John

K

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 16/01/2015 at 8:16 AM, Meatbox8 said:

Very excited about the Beverley. An Argosy would go with it very nicely!

I bought the Argosy today. Lovely kit.

• Like 1