Revell/Hasegawa 1/48 Henschel Hs-129 North Africa

Hi all,

After a little gentle persuasion from Claudius here is one of my earlier builds which has not been shown on here before. It seems Claudius and I (and I am sure a few more of you) share an interest in the war surrounding the Mediterranean during WWII. Claudius has asked me to inflict some of my builds on the theme on you, so here we go with the first one...

This is Revell's boxing of Hasegawa's excellent Henschel Hs-129 finished in the markings of the aircraft flown by Staffelkapitan Oblt. Bruno Meyer of 4.(Pz)/Sch.G2. This aircraft was later captured at Castel Benito.

I hope that you all like it, all criticisms and points of view are welcome.

henschel002_zps3ae0899d.jpghenschel003_zps255ab1e9.jpghenschel004_zpsc3e26bec.jpghenschel005_zps35c6a5c0.jpghenschel006_zpsaf5d8874.jpg

henschel001_zpsfd4d8bd6.jpg

• Like 12

Well done, Minion! That beast has always been an interesting plane. Very unique in its shapes. A flying bunker.

Med theatre is so intriguing to me not only because it was the main operational scenario for Italy in WW2 but also because the many different planes, their colors, the fact that took place in a temperate climate places (Greece, Italy), at sea and the North African desert.

Yes, you are right. The pics are not the best ones. Sucha a good work as yours deserves better shots!!! :-)

Ok... let me post another "mediterranean plane"....

• Like 1

Always liked the Henschel 129.

It's like a winged locomotive. Henschel works did a very good job with this one...A10 grandpa..

Very good model! Cammo is very interesting also. Congratulations.

Edited by One-Two
  • Like 2