Nightfighter II group build

hgbn

Despite being an affirmed Trackhead I actually really like night-fighters and have quite a few in my stash.....Almost as many as Antoine in fact  :mental:

But I still prefer tanks.....I'd really like to sign up, but only if the GB were ammended to a more obviously AFV, Figures, Ship & Sci-Fi friendly format.  GB slots are scarce these days so making your theme as broad and accessible as possible makes good sense when it comes to the voting.  :mellow:   

A "Night Slalkers GB" might perhaps open up some figure/sci-fi options?  Or perhaps including vessels and tanks that fought in famous night engagements might be another option.....Just tossing some suggestions in for your consideration.  :coolio:

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Despite being an affirmed Trackhead I actually really like night-fighters and have quite a few in my stash.....Almost as many as Antoine in fact  :mental:

But I still prefer tanks.....I'd really like to sign up, but only if the GB were ammended to a more obviously AFV, Figures, Ship & Sci-Fi friendly format.  GB slots are scarce these days so making your theme as broad and accessible as possible makes good sense when it comes to the voting.  :mellow:   

A "Night Slalkers GB" might perhaps open up some figure/sci-fi options?  Or perhaps including vessels and tanks that fought in famous night engagements might be another option.....Just tossing some suggestions in for your consideration.  :coolio:

Sgt. take a look at my post from yesterday.

On ‎5‎-‎10‎-‎2016 at 9:33 AM, Arniec said:

I have seen the Original rules from the first GB and that was for airplanes, but I am not the most difficult guy so I would suggest that tanks and ships are in as well.

The only rule I would do is that it is up to 1955. After that everything is becoming Multi functional as day and nightfighter. That includes Tanks and Ships.

I hope that saticfies a lot of builders.

Cheers,

P.S. here is a link to the Original rules from 2010.

So you will be fine with your AFV's

As long as they are dedicated to nightfighting. Otherwise we will lose the sence of the theme for this GB.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

• 5 weeks later...

come on folks we're only just outside the top 6!!!!

There's heaps of choices and with this opened up to the AFV and Navy boys and girls we should easily make it into the 6, so get out there and vote. Even strategic voting can help so you can move you're votes around to help push this one into the 6!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am sorry that this GB didn't happen for 2017, but there is always a chance in 2018!!!!

Maybee I should have pushed more to get this one in, but the trouble was that I also liked the Matchbox GB.

Still we can make it work for next voting.

Keep up the good work and try to put in some nightfighters in the other GB's. I know I will!!!!!!

Cheers,

42 minutes ago, Antoine said:

Buddy build is the way to go.

;)

Anytime anyone wants to start a BB count me in

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

I'm up for this GB any time it is suggested!!!!!

Me too

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

sorry that I forgot to tell you guys, but I have asked to put it in the voting.

:penguin::D:penguin::D:penguin::D:clap2::partytime:

Cheers,

p.s. TrickyRich are you still in for the co-host job?!

Edited by Arniec

1 hour ago, Arniec said:

sorry that I forgot to tell you guys, but I have asked to put it in the voting.

:penguin::D:penguin::D:penguin::D:clap2::partytime:

Cheers,

p.s. TrickyRich are you still in for the co-host job?!

:thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

gosh this GB is a cellar dweller as well!! :cry: One of my fav subjects as well, I think it's going to be a hard slog for this one to go through!

I had planned for one of these to be my build choice;

1/48th Revell Do-215 B-5
1/48th Collect-Aire F3D-2 Skyknight (the last true Nightfighter) - resin
1/48th Arba Nakajima Gekko - resin
1/48th Planet Models Westland Welkin NF Mk. II - resin

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, trickyrich said:

gosh this GB is a cellar dweller as well!! :cry: One of my fav subjects as well, I think it's going to be a hard slog for this one to go through!

I had planned for one of these to be my build choice;

1/48th Revell Do-215 B-5
1/48th Collect-Aire F3D-2 Skyknight (the last true Nightfighter) - resin
1/48th Arba Nakajima Gekko - resin
1/48th Planet Models Westland Welkin NF Mk. II - resin

Nice collection. I will definitely build a nightfighter next year. Will see witch one.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

I hope that there will be more members start voting for us, as I am shure there will be enough guys who are interested in this.

I for shure will build for next year some fw-190 nightfighters as I have the limited edition kit from Eduard, where I can build two (or even three with some extra's) kits in bifferent versions. The theme of nightfighters is one for next years SIG I am into.

I am also planning of doing a late Ju-88 (with some help from Trickyrich) and probably a late Do-217N (with some help from a German model friend Andreas).

Please keep voting guys.

Cheers,

• Like 1