Academy 1/72 f-35a

fayfaychu

Bought this kit for a couple of months and after almost finishing the hasegawa EF2000, it would be interesting to see how this kit stands up against others.

I elected to begin construction with the cockpit. There are only five main parts and they were glued and primed in a couple minutes.

Cockpit1_zpsb2d15c14.jpg

Cockpit2_zps7d8c0078.jpg

Sorry for the lack of photos, I just figured out how to add photos to my posts.

Edited by fayfaychu

Now with the photo posting fixed, back to the plane. Two sink holes in the intake trunks that needs filling. Their fit into the intake lips are great. Intake_zps4f978327.jpg

Test fit of the weapons bay also showed the fit was not bad. Academy has definitely paid attention in their molding so far.

Test2_zpsb70e63c0.jpg

Test4_zps99c371f0.jpg

Light sanding will take care of the glue oooz in no time.

Landing gear bay looks a little sparse. Unfortunately this area seems to be classified and further detailing wont be any more accurately anyway.

Landinggearbay_zpsf87166bf.jpg

Test fitting the fuselages shows the fit is almost perfect. I just trimmed a bit of the top of the weapons bay to obtain a almost "puttyless" fit. :fight:

Test5_zpsafd3c5a5.jpg

Edited by fayfaychu
  • Like 2

Small update. The eject seat was pretty nice and has more parts than the cockpit itself. I try to add fabric with epoxy putty but it turned out only soso. Seat belts to be added later.imagejpg2_zps0c8469ed.jpg

imagejpg5_zps56aad92d.jpg

Comments/advises are welcomed. Meanwhile having a disaster for the EF2000, with the gloss coated decal in pieces...I sourced another box of the model just for the decals...

imagejpg6_zpsa5956c12.jpg