Peruvian Hawker Hunter F.52

Good job Col, will it be flying anywhere near the G.H museum on 5th May?

Cheers. I'm certainly hoping to be there with it but may be running a little late as I've a race earlier the same evening.

Been working on the display stand over the last couple of evenings and have the basic elements well underway now.

20150429_195317.jpg

• Like 2

I'm not sure Nigel. It was the end of a random plank left in the garage so most likely cheap pine or similar. It had been treated with a green preservative but fortunately that sanded out as I was smoothing it down.

Here's all the elements put together for the first time.

20150503_181239.jpg

20150503_181151.jpg

Still a couple touch-ups to do but this will be all I can manage within the timescale of this GB. I'm still trying to source a decal supplier to do the nose badge that Tom has so kindly produced artwork for so until then I can't honestly call this one finished :(

Will post some final photos here and in the gallery tomorrow.

• Like 4

It's a beautiful result Col and the take-off pose is inspired!

I'm looking forward to seeing your final photos :)

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

Beautiful, indeed exciting work, Col.

From my POV, I can beg for apology: issues of private concern have kept me so much preoccuppied the last few days, I simply haven't found the necessary 20 minutes to update that unit patch. Very sorry for this, mate.

• Like 1

Right gang, a little too late for inclusion in the gallery poll but none the less as finished as it can be within the time-scale, here's a few shots of my project;

20150504_115909.jpg

20150504_120003.jpg

20150504_120018.jpg

20150504_115832.jpg

20150504_120242.jpg

20150504_120050.jpg

I have to say thanks to Cliff on a number of levels; it was his idea to start this GB and thus bring about so many interesting and unusual models, it was his hard work that this GB got so much interest and made it through the poll, it was his continued hard work that so many of us were encouraged to work on our subjects, it was also Cliff who was kind enough to provide me with the roundels to make the Peruvian Hunter happen - without those decals it could not have come about.

I also want to thank Tom Cooper for his encouragement in to me and so many others of us during this GB.Tom has also been kind enough to give up his own time doing research into and providing me with artwork for the nose badge that was applied to this aircraft during its service life. I'm still trying to get the badge produced as a decal to fully complete this one and it is my utmost priority at the moment.

Tom has also been kind enough to provide a fantastic set of prizes for this GB and again I want to thank him for that.

Finally I want to thank everyone who participated in this GB. It's been great fun and I've learned a lot about lesser known airforces and their aircraft over the last few months.

• Like 3

Nice work Col.

Looks great in this pose, very nicely executed.

Craig.

Thanks Craig. With 5 Hunters already in the cabinet it helps add a little interest to what would otherwise be a flightline of the type.

It's a beautiful result Col and the take-off pose is inspired!

I'm looking forward to seeing your final photos :)

Cheers

Cliff

Thank you Cliff. Always good to have something a little different in the display cabinet and this one ticks that box on a couple of levels thanks to your idea for a wonderful GB.

That looks excellent in such a dynamic pose. I assume you will be bringing it along on Tuesday?

Cheers,

Nigel

Thank you Nigel. I am indeed planning to bring this one along on Tuesday as I've not had a finished article to place on the table for some time.

Beautiful, indeed exciting work, Col.

From my POV, I can beg for apology: issues of private concern have kept me so much preoccuppied the last few days, I simply haven't found the necessary 20 minutes to update that unit patch. Very sorry for this, mate.

Thank you Tom and no need to apologise. I'm owe you a debt of gratitude for all your work in researching and producing the artwork for the unit badge. Rest assured it will appear on this one as soon as possible and likely on the base as well. Sorry to hear personal matters have taken away your free time and I hope everything works out for the best.

• Like 1