1/48 Classic Airframes Gannet ASW reissue by Hannants.

rafrobbo

Reissue of the Gannet ASW kit - ref.CF4135 https://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=100696 - is excellent but this remind me that before "reducing" its activity, Classic Airframes had a 1/48th Gannet AEW project - ref.CF4136... Sigh.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/product.php?id=100697

gannet20120seat1.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

After the recent reissue of the CA Walrus by Special Hobby, I had high hopes that this might happen, although I thought it would be under the SH or Hannants label rather than from CA again, it will kill the silly prices they reach on evilBay.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

After the recent reissue of the CA Walrus by Special Hobby, I had high hopes that this might happen, although I thought it would be under the SH or Hannants label rather than from CA again, it will kill the silly prices they reach on evilBay.

I should go to my stash and take some pics for evil bay quickly...

Rene

I saw some go for more than 120... :mental: Surely if I would sell mine I would get half the price the rerelease will cost...

Hannants probably choosed this for a rerelease to find a way to finally sell their 50+ Xtradecal sheets on the Gannet ;-)

• Like 2

So wish Classic Airframes would rise from its slumber (it's beginning to look terminal...) and do that AEW Gannet... Shame Hannants cant take it over, wherever it had gotten to in terms of development.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for asking and merely as a clarification, noting Tiger 331's hint at a Trumpeter version also...is it a Hannant's re-release, or a Classic Airframe re-release?

• 1 month later...

Different versions guys...hence my polite silence and calculator. I've already got 6 Gannet AS.1-4's..it's the absence of an A2Zee AEW.5 I'm really mourning. Scale seems disparate too! :hmmm:

Different versions guys...hence my polite silence and calculator. I've already got 6 Gannet AS.1-4's..it's the absence of an A2Zee AEW.5 I'm really mourning. Scale seems disparate too! :hmmm:

Think you might be waiting a very, very long time for an AEW.5, Nobby. :bleh:

There were 450 just before I placed my order earlier.

The website just shows 10+. 450 gives me a much better chance of getting one later in the year.