Lexus LFA...and a friend

Here's my Tamiya LFA, finished in VW Brilliant Orange (the real LFA is available in orange, but probably not this shade). I think this is a great looking car, very different to a European super car, but still, if I had the money, I'd probably have one just to be different.

There are some things which went wrong - for instance the N/S/R light unit has fallen off inside the body and so is lost; for some reason (something to do with my lack of skill), the bonnet doesn't sit flat; and the panel lines need to be enhanced - but, this is really only my second real attempt a road car!

LexusLFA006_zps1c105172.jpg

LexusLFA009_zps2f6ce8dd.jpg

LexusLFA010_zps31eb330f.jpg

LexusLFA020_zpsa90d8206.jpg

and the friend, the Tamiya LaFerrari, which was actually my FIRST real attempt a a road car model...which was a mistake given the complexity of the kit and the carbon fibre decals. The red is Honda Milan Red, and the black is hand painted XF-18 (mostly):

LexusLFA016_zps80d80485.jpg

LexusLFA015_zpsc5866728.jpg

and together:

LexusLFA017_zpscd774731.jpg

LexusLFA022_zpsf8602905.jpg

LexusLFA023_zps167c2c10.jpg

They look great, especial for your first and second shots. And well done on taking on the LaFerrari for your first! As for the LFA bonnet, just try slipping it backwards slightly so the line at the base of the windscreen is continuous -- it doesn't close completely smooth at the front, and that's as it should be on the real thing...

bestest,

M.

• 2 weeks later...