Airfix 2016

Wez

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a 1/72 Spitfire Vb/Vc, P-40E, car door Typhoon, Swordfish Mk II, etc as easily achievable from a current mould with an extra sprue or two rather than a complete set of new moulds. I'd really like them to revamp/remould Spitfire IX again completely, but it won't happen.

Spitfire Mk. IX/VIII in 1/72 may be released by Eduard in 2015....

That's me... speechless at the sheer brilliance of the line-up!

There's a first time for everything...

Good news - a SHACKLETON!!!! :yahoo:

Bad news - not until next December. :raincloud:

• Like 1

I still hope Airfix will produce a 1/72 Metal wing Hurricane for the 75e Anniversary of BOB ..

I thought I saw one as a forth coming release?

Surprisingly few re-issues of older kits

I am guessing this will be the way forward for Airfix from now on.

Very happy with what I have seen, Airfix have released a number of kits here that were badly needed. I always thought it was an injustice that no decent Whitley was available, sort of an insult to all those that fought and gave their lives in them.

I don't really build post war stuff, but the Shackleton looks nice enough to tempt me, neither do I build 1.48 kits but the new ground crew and vehicles have started me thinking.

Beaufighter is great as is the Wildcat, and I will most likely even buy the Kate even though I'm not really into Japanese stuff.

Really pleased, thank you very much Airfix.

Edited by old thumper
  • Like 1

Trying to think which alternative airline will be included with the Comet 4B.?? Olympic maybe?? The Vanguard must surely include Trans Canada Airlines!

Dead chuffed with the Beau! I may well have to push my unbuilt Hasegawa one back into the history stash!!

Re the 48th Spit 1. Didn't they do one just a couple years back that included a Mk.2?????

One for Troy Smith here: A new Hurricane for you!!!!!

Hm...Shackelton - for home (british) market important release,for me - not interest :/

Yup - a Beau - but wrong version (Anti ship Mk. X and not night fighter Mk. Ic/VI)

Quarter scale Hurri - niiice - i hope in accurate shapes.

Small scale BoB/early war Stuka - i want it !

Whitley - Wimpy's big bro - nice !

The 1:48 Spit wasnt one of their better efforts... this new one will no doubt be based from last years mk V and be awesome.

Seeing the Beau, whitley, shackleton, defiant, 111, BoB set and stuka just in 1:72 was fantastic. But the theres the new harrier, 1:48 spit hurri and lightning and the 1:24 mossie fb VI... wow. I need to take a few months off work!!

My one and only disappointment is that i still have no large Spitfire XIVe, a holy grail for me. But with the list i see before me, complaining seems so very very wrong!

As others have said, Airfix seem to knock out quite a few re-releases during the year that are not announced the previous December so I doubt today's list is a complete one for 2015.

Dave

Wow, this is quite an unexpected set of results in 1/72, I have to say. The Wildcat especially is quite sorely needed. I'll refrain from saying what I might have wished to see, as that's tiresome.

I suspect I might have to arrange a standing order with Airfix for the goodies they are bringing my way.

Please let Xtradecal/Hannants be on the ball to supply us with after-market to embellish such largesse.

My dad's big brother spent his national service tinkering away on Shackletons; I shall have to press him for information!

Edited by Steve Coombs

The 1:48 Spit wasnt one of their better efforts... this new one will no doubt be based from last years mk V and be awesome

It doesn't actually say it's a new one though does it? The 72nd Av-8a is pretty much a slightly modified GR1, so the Spit could just be the same kit with maybe a tweak or two?

And whilst it's going to sound totally sour grapes, why is the Shack £40, while the new Lancs were almost half that?

And still no 72nd Sea Vixen or Javelin... :weep:

... And then Airfix can move on to some WW1 stuff.

I can but hope.

Hands up, how many of you intend to get one or more of the new kits not because they are in your normal line of interest, but because they look so good? For instance, my interest in the IJN is minimal at best, but the new Kate looks really tasty.

Edited by Steve Coombs
  • Like 3

"when will they do a Beaufighter Mk.I?" :evil_laugh:

Indeed! Living in Bath I'm keen on Bristols (steady boys) and early models would be great. Until then I'll have to gird my loins and keep giving my money to Valom. BTW Bristol museum reopens in the spring (they say) so more excitement from me then.

Looks like a excellent aircraft range, but I was looking forward to the Albion in another scale. Hopefully it may yet appear, another year. Only the Kate that's likely to affect my wallet, but the others are entirely respectable with even a couple of genuine surprises.

It doesn't actually say it's a new one though does it? The 72nd Av-8a is pretty much a slightly modified GR1, so the Spit could just be the same kit with maybe a tweak or two?

And whilst it's going to sound totally sour grapes, why is the Shack £40, while the new Lancs were almost half that?

And still no 72nd Sea Vixen or Javelin... :weep:

The quality of the competition means dont rest on your laurels... I would say they will have taken the mk V base and produced a newly tooled 8 .303 wing to go with it. Might be wrong, but thats where my money is!

• Like 1

Probably because the Shatipuss is much bigger. And it's also the only game in town for an MR2. An Aeroclub conversion set would cost you £25 and a Revell/Frog/Novo/Chematic/Modelcraft/Eastern Express/Gomix/Ark MR3... How long's a piece of string? And even then, you'd have to detail the interior. Whereas the Lancaster is cheaper because they've got several boxings and can spread the cost.

However, it does mean that they're closer to doing a Lincoln :evil_laugh:

Edited by The wooksta V2.0
  • Like 2