Beech 18 in two appearances -

JWM

Hi,

Following the topic of secondliners from WWII I would like to show two variants of Beech 18: advanced trainer AT-11 Kansas or rather its navy version SNB1 in US Navy markings from 1942 - 43 and a transport airplane C-45 F Expeditor in RAF SEAC markings from 1944-45.

The kits are from Pioneer. Some improvments were done - engines, added windows, some other details and in case of SNB1 - whole turret.

Please enjoy and comments welcomed

Regards

Jerzy -Wojtek

SNB1:

beech kansas DSC02984beech kansas DSC02983beech kansas DSC02986beech kansas DSC02985

And RAF (SEAC) C45 F:

beech 18 DSC02987

beech 18 DSC02988beech 18 DSC02989beech 18 DSC02990

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 17

I would not have recognized the first one as a Beech 18 - it would have been a case of 'that looks so familiar, where have I seen it before?'

Nice renditions.

Cheers,

Mike

• Like 1

Thank you Houston, Mike and Jason!

That is one well-armed Beech 18!

Yes, I think it was used for crew training as advanced trainer for bombers....

Cheers

J-W

I apologize that I am sharing with this old thread from 2014 which I just rescued (switched to Flicker - you  know from where...)

But I hope there are many new members who did not see it before. I promise not to put on back forum each one rescued - just one for five let say... But for some I cannot resist, sorry ;)

Regards

J-W

• Like 3

Another really interesting subject of a couple of twins built up to your excellent standards, I really like the Beech 18 in SEAC colours.  Well done Jerzy !

Best regards Colin.

PS: I have Beech C-45 Expediator in my collection of built aircraft, which I will post for you all to compare.

• Like 1

They look great Jerzy.  The SNB1 is very interesting.  I'd seen versions with the glazed nose before but never with a turret.  I seem to remember there was SEAC marked Beech 18 on the airshow circuit in the UK about 25 years ago.  I wonder if it is still around. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

They look great Jerzy.  The SNB1 is very interesting.  I'd seen versions with the glazed nose before but never with a turret.  I seem to remember there was SEAC marked Beech 18 on the airshow circuit in the UK about 25 years ago.  I wonder if it is still around. 

Thank you Meatbox8. There are restored '18s also those with turrets:

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania beech at 11

A SEAC one - perhaps that one:

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania beech 18 seac

This is exactly as mine HB275!

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

I'm so glad you "bumped" this thread Jerzy, I think I missed it 1st time around & it is too good to miss. :) The SNB-1 is new to me, with its turret anyway, the SEAC ones always look good. :thumbsup:

Steve.

• Like 1

Hi Steve,

Many thanks. I cannot "like" your last posts - since yesterday I spent all my 50-a-day likes markings comments in my old posts which I was restored (some +10 threads I did only yesterday)... Tuff work, but comments like yours here give me feeling of sense of this restoring...

Best regards

J-W

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JWM said:

Thank you Colin and Vince :)

Those Pioneer moulds are I think the only one Expeditors in styrene in 1/72. Even the Matchbox one was just repacked  pioneer kit, followng the Scalamates web page.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/165751-pioneer-2-4003-beech-c-45-expeditor

Cheers 

J-W

Hi Jerzy,

Yes, I have the Matchbox repacked one, I think it could be released when Revell Germany had an interest in them ?  I will dig the box out of my stash and post it here (If I can).  I bought it because it has FAB - Brazil decals with it.

Regards Colin.

• Like 1

Colin, the FAB Beech At 11 must look nice for sure! Hope to see it on RFI

On Scalemates it is said I think that Machbox rebox come  from '72. So rather many years ago...There is a hope for Revell re-issue but no sure. I do not jnow if Pioneer is available in big H or just e-bay.

Regars

J-W

• Like 2

Hi My Friend Jerzy!!!!

I also have not watched this one before and agree with Steve...was wondering what have happened...but anyway, for sure will be following your steps restoring the old posts that will be new to me. 

i was watching your nice work with these kits, seem the PM model from Turkey were making the kit for the british Pioneer 2 brand, and those are the same that Revell have done under Matchbox label after they got the brand name and moulds to their plastic empire...BTW I was looking for one as has the FAB decals,  but now those kits are in the Turkish PM model Catalog. I have one incomplete Pioneer 2 C-45 and another from PM together with 2 AT-11 machines as those birds were used by Guatemalan Air Force and BTW one C-45 have worked as  Presidential Aircraft in the late 50's early 60's. The kits were the first ones injected in that scale only before the little hard to find by Hobbycraft and second only to the Rareplanes Vacform edition, and for some time, the C-45 kit was re boxed by ENCORE, the Squadron Shop brand with some improvements like Vacform Canopy and resin parts for engines,  cowlings, landing gear and tail.

ANYWAY, I like a huge lot the work  you have done with the turret AT-11 and also like the other one, when will work mines will ask you how to improve a little the basic plastic the kit has, as here the Hobbycraft is nearly extinct and hard/very expensive to find in Ebay...and BTW was looking for another C-45 to make the SEAC version as the bird looks wonderful in this scheme. Thank you very much for sharing and for the joy to admire your wonderful and special work!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso 

• Like 3

Thank you Luis-Alfonso for your nice and informative comment. Nice that you noticed work on improving those kits. Even engines were replaced in both...

I always appreciate your comments on this forum in general, they are so enthusiastic and positive. I was thinking that Hobbycraft was 1/48. no 1/72 and therefore that thos Pioneer (PM) are only one.

Beech Expeditor has a huge history after WWII, if I would do also post-war machines I will be temptaed by many nice schemes...

I am continuing restoring threads, today I restored: C46, C47, Cessna Bobcat, Caudron trio (690, 714 and Simoun), four Carproni (309,320,311,314). It took two hours....

Cheers

J-W

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JWM said:

Thank you Luis-Alfonso for your nice and informative comment. Nice that you noticed work on improving those kits. Even engines were replaced in both...

I always appreciate your comments on this forum in general, they are so enthusiastic and positive. I was thinking that Hobbycraft was 1/48. no 1/72 and therefore that thos Pioneer (PM) are only one.

Beech Expeditor has a huge history after WWII, if I would do also post-war machines I will be temptaed by many nice schemes...

I am continuing restoring threads, today I restored: C46, C47, Cessna Bobcat, Caudron trio (690, 714 and Simoun), four Carproni (309,320,311,314). It took two hours....

Cheers

J-W

Thanks to you My Friend Jerzy!!!

Without a doubt if one want to be a better person  and modeler,must have to follow people who really knows, and apart of following and admire your work, it's a real pleasure to have wonderful friends like you here,  with open mind  and with this nice humility  to share knowledge without selfishness and with a huge sense of sharing with the people who don't know techniques and information.  Also, will look for all the rescues you have been doing, just keep on and with patience you will be getting back into this nice showcase each of your masterpieces.   

• Like 1

Dear Friend Luis Alfonso,

Many thanks! Too much good words... In my country it is in custom only in some obituaries notes, and I am still alive ;)

Muchias gracias!

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, JWM said:

Cheers

J-W

Yes please Jerzy !  Regards Colin.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JWM said:

Colin, the FAB Beech At 11 must look nice for sure! Hope to see it on RFI

On Scalemates it is said I think that Machbox rebox come  from '72. So rather many years ago...There is a hope for Revell re-issue but no sure. I do not jnow if Pioneer is available in big H or just e-bay.

Regars

J-W

Hi Jerzy,  I got my copy of ebay at quite a good price, I'll look it up, I recall I was the only bidder.  I was quite interested to read that the Matchbox came from the year 1972 !  The decals look okay, but, will scan them for sure (just in case) and prepare them before use using Mircoscale liquid decal film.

Regards Colin.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JWM said:

Dear Friend Luis Alfonso,

Many thanks! Too much good words... In my country it is in custom only in some obituaries notes, and I am still alive ;)

Muchias gracias!

J-W

Hi My Friend Jerzy!!!

Is better to say good things, give flowers and speak or virtues of the people when is alive, because when go dead is late to say or give anything.

I remember have made you many queries and never have received from you or from another of my friends here a bad answer,  and that high values  people is the thing that makes this site and our wonderful pastime progress!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1