ICM 1/35 ZIL-131 Soviet Army Truck (well loaded)

Tried the salt weathering method for the first time, not entirely successful as the grains were too fine combined with small surface areas Just looks like a rough paint job.

The kit itself was a pleasure to build, only minor niggles. There are supposed to be support struts for the wing mirrors but they were so fine and delicate that they broke during handling. At that point my patience ran out so they have been omitted :(

Image5_zpsc255ae7d.jpg

Image6_zpsbe1cec17.jpg

side1_zpsab57198a.jpg

frontside_zpsd69b1ce9.jpg

sidetwo1_zpsec349787.jpg

backend_zpsc14fd5ec.jpg

The decals are rather frail and this one on the tailboard disintegrated during application.

truckcargo3_zps2b5b3cfc.jpg

frontengine_zps677ce82e.jpg

Image7_zpsbea27a68.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 9

This turned out really cool Steve, I like the mud tires, and the "old" paint looks good. I like the cargo you used. Did the cargo come with the kit or did you add some third party cargo? I have a need for a lot of 1/35 oil barrels and can only find expensive ones. Keep up the good work, each kit is getting better and better.

• Like 1

This turned out really cool Steve, I like the mud tires, and the "old" paint looks good. I like the cargo you used. Did the cargo come with the kit or did you add some third party cargo? I have a need for a lot of 1/35 oil barrels and can only find expensive ones. Keep up the good work, each kit is getting better and better.

Hi Rich, yeah the cargo is third party resin stuff, expensive for what it is. The barrels came in a pack of 12, made by a company called PanzerArt. How many are you looking for?

Cheers

Steve, I'm thinking of maybe starting my Famo & Sd.Ah.116 trailer by Tamiya in the near future. But instead of having a tank load I was considering a cargo load. I thought about loading the trailer with oil barrels, but I would need like 70 barrels. I did find a site that made oil barrels with 15 different labels and lettering molded into the tops, but they would cost $40.00 for 15 of them. I'm guessing it's time I learn to cast my own stuff. I would also like to load the back of the Famo with a couple of German motor bikes, crates, and wood barrels. Still a ways off tho. I'm just starting to look at all the third party stuff for it.

Thanks!