1/72 - Vickers Valetta and Viking vacuform kit by Broplan - released - new boxings

Homebee

A question, is the Aviation Megastore the only place to get Broplan kits in the EU?

Also I would love to see a catalogue ... they don't appear to have their own website ...

Edit:

http://www.aviationmegastore.com/?publisher=BROP&gclid=CJ2IjMuRyMICFSfItAodimgA5w

^^^^ This is only a list of what they stock tho

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'd imagine these to be better than the airmodel kits but is the plastic thickness any better? The first and last Broplan vac form I built was the Italian Piaggio P136 seaplane. The plastic was quit thin.

the bottom image in the post above showing VW197 is interesting for me. I saw this one taxying in at Coltishall when I was there on my ATC camp in 1968. I recall the squeaking wheels and brakes as it did so quite clearly! It brought in the 'Reds' ground crew who stopped over during the week plus the REds themselves who gave us a flat display the next day.

Luckily or unluckily I have the Magna options in the stash but maybe S&M might give them some consideration. chris

Unlucky for you, I had one, I sold it on to some poor devil, you would be better sculpting soap and get a better result LOL

• 1 month later...

Some time since the anouncement .... has anybody been able to inspect the kit/kits and would be willing to report in greater detail :whistle:

Rolf

• 6 months later...

All very frustrating this as they seem very difficult to come by as a few people have said, they can be pruchased through Aviation Mega store though, and so far we have not seen what the contents of the kit / kits look like. It would be nice to see before we to get an idea of how and what parts are supplied in the various mediums etc.

Ali

• Like 1

I`m very tempted by the Valletta C.1 as I want to do a Suez drop aircraft,......what was the difference between the C.1 & C.2?

I`ve also got the Airmodel vacform and the Magna kit,......the latter must have been made towards the end of the run as it is heavily pitted and looks like it has flown through a hailstorm!

Look forward to finding out more about this new kit,

Cheers

Tony

The last Broplan kit I started (!) was the Sentinel, and the plastic is very thin.

I've got the Airways Vacform, and it is quite robust and go on Ebay for about £20. It is 6mm too short, so some surgery is necessary aft of the door,

Another one for RAM Models to re-issue?

Tony, I think the C.2 was for VIP's, so armchairs and toilet roll holders!!

• 1 month later...

my swedish air force varsity arrived today from megastores. I will try and get photots up on here over the new year to let you see what its like. Is photo bucket the best?

I use Photobucket, works very well