1932 Chevrolet Cabriolet

It's hard to believe this came out of an AMT box. This kit is very well engineered and detailed. Unusually high parts count and plenty of delicate pieces and some of the best chrome I have ever seen. Nice and smooth with no dirt at all. I was really impressed and it went together with no problems at all, but it needed a few scratch-built details. Refinished in DuPont lacquers; engine wired and plumbed; scratch built fuel pump and fuel filter, throttle and choke cable, generator, and distributor, and ignition coil. Scratch built interior door handles and window cranks, shifter, parking brake lever, trunk hold down straps and side lift handles. Very enjoyable, but time consuming build. Spent about a month doing it. I realllly like these old kits. I wish the old time engineers were still around; we need more kits like this.

DSC03164.jpg

DSC03163.jpg

DSC03160.jpg

DSC03159.jpg

• Like 3

Like that,very nice. Paint came out well.

That teddy gets around.By picture 3 he'd been bear napped only to turn up in the rumble seat!

I've made a few AMT kits (69/70 Impala,Opel GT and a Trans Am) and always thought they were good but that was 1970 !