1/48 SAAB J 29 by Pilot Replicas

flarpen

Oooh! Interested in this one. I've wanted to build a 1/48 Tunnan for ages - the UN markings have been calling me for YEARS. I had hoped for great things when AZModel released their kit a few years back but, alas, the nose shape was very poor. This looks much better. Can't wait to see the test shots.

Nice CADs. We are waiting the first Pilot Replicas aircraft kit since October 2012.... A 1/48th Saab 105/Sk.60 if I remember correctly.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234928441-148-saab-sk60a-by-pilot-replicas-box-art-cads/?hl=replicas

That said, having the AZ Model Tunnan kit and the Maestro Models correction sets in my stash, I'm not in a hurry.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Maybe a Tunnan will create more money so they release it before the 105? Unless they are really out of budget I would buy both...

Pilot says the 105 is delayed by a legal problem with some other "3rd party contractor company". I'd guess it's the Chinese trying it on again but no clue who it is. It is still in progress though.

Paul Harrison

Edited by GreenDragon

Definitely will buy this one. Hope to see it soon. Was really disappointed at the AZ kit.

Me too - I sold my AZkit on. AZ told that they will retool the Tunnan but when??? Neomega have their resin kit back in stock but certainly the price is rather high. Rather because other swedish 1:48 kits are the same price but still can do with some resin extras... frankly I had considered to invest in the Neomega Tunnan but then it was sold out and now that it is back in stock I read the news above. So some day I will have my 1:48 Tunnan - but I cannot tell you from which maufacturer :-)

• Like 1

Me too - I sold my AZkit on. AZ told that they will retool the Tunnan but when??? Neomega have their resin kit back in stock but certainly the price is rather high. Rather because other swedish 1:48 kits are the same price but still can do with some resin extras... frankly I had considered to invest in the Neomega Tunnan but then it was sold out and now that it is back in stock I read the news above. So some day I will have my 1:48 Tunnan - but I cannot tell you from which maufacturer :-)

I would wait for the PR Tunnan (or even the HB ones).

I've built the neomega one, and even if it does look a h--l of a lot better then the AZ one it's not perfect by any means (it has the same fault tendencies around the canopy as the AZ kit). And it's a lot of work to put together.

/Johan

• Like 1

I would wait for the PR Tunnan (or even the HB ones).

I've built the neomega one, and even if it does look a h--l of a lot better then the AZ one it's not perfect by any means (it has the same fault tendencies around the canopy as the AZ kit). And it's a lot of work to put together.

/Johan

Thanks for the tip Johan. I will do so :-)

Rene

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...