Group Build Chat

Nah, that Bf 110 STGB was a piece of cake to set up a poll for, as it had 18 finished builds compared to ~100 in this GB. It seems we drained the Bf 110 builders then as there are no such planes finished in the Gallery. Regards, V-P

Nah, that Bf 110 STGB was a piece of cake to set up a poll for, as it had 18 finished builds compared to ~100 in this GB. It seems we drained the Bf 110 builders then as there are no such planes finished in the Gallery. Regards, V-P

Haha, I still had three Eduard ones left, but I ran out of time and energy :D

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

On a different note can I thank the hosts for what I think has been one of the best group builds I have been a part of. The fact their is over 100 builds in the gallery speaks volumes for how well the build progressed voting is gonna be difficult on this one

• Like 4

How about splitting the vote? You have (roughly) equal numbers of Hurricanes, Spits and 109's; the "rest" also come to about the same - that means 4 polls and then 4 votes each rather than choosing 1 build out of 100+. If you wanted to take it to the extreme - then take the top 3 from each and have a "vote-off" on those too.

Just a thought

Should this GB not have a Sponsor I´d propose declaring that all of us who participated are winners, those who finished their builds are double, triple or quadruple that (did someone succeed in doing that?). I assume Casemate UK does expect something in response to their highly recommendable commitment so that´s just hypotethical anyway. Regards, V-P (again) :shutup:

• Like 1

Another method, which we is used in Italy in a forum of model makers, is this:
Each voter looks good galleries and chooses three kits manufactured, then send her choice to one of the moderators of the GB.
Obviously you have to choose a moderator who collects the votes and vote for a period, for example two weeks; at the end of the one who has the most points wins, you just need an Excel spreadsheet for calculations.

It is not important what wins ........

Ettore

After a lot of discussion, Mish and the GB hosts have come up with a solution which we believe to be equitable.

There will be a first round of voting. This will be split into two polls to allow the forum software to deal with the number of entries. Entries will be placed in the poll in the order that they were posted.

Polls usually only allow one vote per person. However, for the first round only you can vote for as many entries as you like.

At the end of the first round, the top 50 will go into the final poll, which will be run along the same lines as every other GB poll - i.e. one vote per person.

Now I just have to get the two preliminary polls set up.

• Like 2

cast my vote, so hard to do it, feel like every build should be voted, but gave myself a list of criteria, and stuck to it (well not quite, meant to vote for 50 but counted the same group twice), apologies to those whose builds missed out my vote, and no I didn't vote for my own builds :)

• Like 2

Totally agree with PhantomBigStu - to pass one by leaves a bad taste in the mouth!

Although 1st & 2nd are obvious choices, but I cannot decide which way round, we should all be immensely proud of our contribution.

• Like 1

I don't think you need to feel bad that you couldn't vote for everyone as I don't think any of us signed up and built our kits with the intention of winning anything; consider this just the closing ceremonies, the main event for me - and the rest of us I believe - was taking part in the GB and getting our finished kits into the gallery :)

That said, I did vote for a few favourites of course, and Stu - yes, I agree, to vote for one's own builds would definitely be infra dig :pipe:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 6

Congratulations to all who finished!

I did finish my own entries too but have spent the last month sat on the naughty step (read banned!)..... Teach me for opening my big mouth!

One clear winner for me but have voted for loads to make the cut :)

Just voted, which is not my favourite part of a group build, and not an easy choice trying to decide on the models to vote for. Well done to everybody who completed their builds, there are some exceptional models on display in the gallery.

• Like 1

Been & done my duty. I did find it a hard task, I had to resort to going through them all again with pen & papar to hand. Hells bells but there is some good stuff in there. I confess that not only did I not vote for all, I probably didn't vote for what may have been the most worthy in every way but I did vote for what did it for me, apologies to those whom I didn't vote for, I can honestly say I didn't feel there was a single clunker among them, a very high overall standard.

Steve.

• Like 3

i agree. so many builds in this GB are "technically" excellent.

there are also a good many spitfires, my favourite.

so for this one i put both these points aside and went for the spirit of "battle" of Britain. for me there is one clear winner, in fact one clear winning photograph !!!

The first round of voting is now finished. The 50 most popular entries have gone into the final poll, which can be found in the gallery thread. Please visit that poll and vote for your favourite build.

Please note that this time, you may vote for one choice only. Although there are two groups, please do not vote for a choice in each group.

The poll will stay open until midnight (UK time) on Saturday 21 November.

• Like 1