Group Build Chat

As your genial hosts, Enzo and myself have come up with a set of rules for your guidance when choosing a subject.

Firstly, the Group Build is open to everyone, aircraft, ship, AFV, car, figure or even insect modeller providing it fits the French theme - if I've forgotten a category that can be French themed you're in! :thumbsup:

Secondly, What If's didn't pass the popular vote - sorry if this is a disappointment for you but the good news is the What If 3 Group Build can be found here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234972316-what-if-iii-group-build/ I'm sure Col and Enzo will welcome you there with open arms!

So, to the rules, here's how we want to play this...

Cars, anything from a French manufacturer is automatically eligible however, for Formula 1 cars we’ve decided that they must fulfil a two out of three criteria such as manufacturer, primary sponsor and driver. If at least two of those are French, then it gets in. For example, the Elf-Tyrell P34 driven by Patrick Depallier, fails on manufacturer but passes on primary sponsor AND driver – 2 out of 3.

Any subject on land, sea or air that was or is manufactured in France, this includes French designs that were licence built elsewhere (e.g. Australian Mirages). Any design that was extensively reworked without French involvement is not eligible (e.g. IAI Dagger or Kfir).

Any subject on land, sea and air from elsewhere providing it is in French colours is eligible (e.g. HMS Colossus is out, but its French incarnation the Arromanches is in). So this means if you want to do a Grumman Hellcat in Aeronavale markings or an Air France Lockheed Constellation, they would be eligible.

Any subject on land, sea or air that was a distinct French unit embedded within another countries armed forces that wore distinctive French markings (e.g. an RAF Halifax or Spitfire wearing French roundels or a Normandie-Nieman Yak-1). Something that wasn’t used by an exclusively French unit but used by a French person would not be eligible, for example, Pierre Closterman’s Tempest “Le Grand Charles” was on the strength of 3 Sqn RAF and could be used by any pilot on that unit is not eligible (for the record his first Le Grand Charles was lost whilst being flown by another, non-French, pilot).

Hopefully we can show the way on how inclusive a GB can be, if you have any questions regarding your potential subject, put it to me an Enzo and we shall exercise the Wisdom of Solomon!

Mish, is there any way we can pin this post?

Wez

• Like 1

Just realised; I have a rather rare Heller 1/35 Moto Gnome-Rhone Motorcycle/sidecar outfit. I wonder if I should find it and build it for this.

YES YOU SHOULD!!!!!

Sorry for shouting but I wanted to make sure you got the message. :thumbsup:

Wez

• Like 1

YES YOU SHOULD!!!!!

Sorry for shouting but I wanted to make sure you got the message. :thumbsup:

Wez

Deffo! This will make the world a better place. :thumbsup:

But the kit is in its sealed box. Might it not be worth something to a collector? :wicked:

But the kit is in its sealed box. Might it not be worth something to a collector? :wicked:

Kits are meant to be built, even though probably most of the stashes here and there never sees or smells glue

• Like 2

Mish, is there any way we can pin this post?

Wez

No but I've copied it to the seed post

Mish, thank you.

Just realised; I have a rather rare Heller 1/35 Moto Gnome-Rhone Motorcycle/sidecar outfit. I wonder if I should find it and build it for this.

Deffo! This will make the world a better place. :thumbsup:

Kits are meant to be built, even though probably most of the stashes here and there never sees or smells glue

What those guys said, I didn't know this kit even existed, now I'm so intrigued I want to see it.

Wez

I'm in and going to go for a tricky and large subject.

The Revell 1/72 C-160 Transall

Good choice!

I remember stopping at a French base for some fuel with a Puma, they had Transall's and Herc's at the same base, it was interesting contrasting the two types.

Wez

Edited by Wez

Heller 1/35 Moto Gnome-Rhone Motorcycle/sidecar outfit.

Wez, Its in one of my stash boxes in storage. If I get the chance soon I'll try to find it and post up a picture. Its an early WW2 motorcycle combo. I think the Belgians used them too.

hgbn; I was teasing

• Like 1

OK, would like to join in, although my record on GB's is appalling, so far batting a lot of ducks

Heartless swine! Be advised that I have notified the RSPCA.

(Sadly, my own record consists largely of ducking a lot of bats -gotta love living in the country! :pipe: )

• Like 2

OK, would like to join in, although my record on GB's is appalling, so far batting a lot of ducks

Would love to do a Mirage III 2 seater, don't know hat Air Force yet

A two seat Mirage III will be a very fine and lovely thing, whatever markings it's in.

Hi,

Having discovered some 1/43 rally cars in the stash. I'm in with a Peugeot 206 (do I get bonus points as it's from Heller?)

No, you don't get extra points but you do get to do a French rally car :tease:

In with something with wings...

At the moment I'm thinking of Airfix's old Super Myster B2, French aircraft in French markings.

I'm toying with the idea of doing my Airfix SMB.2 too - depends on how I feel nearer the time.

I would like to take part in this one please, I will be doing a Citroen Deux Chevaux (2CV) using either the Revell kit or the Airfix version, probably the latter.......................

Smudge

Bon! Truth told, I didn't know either made a kit of the 2CV.

I'm liking how this GB is shaping up! :clap2:

Wez

I would like to take part in this one please, I will be doing a Citroen Deux Chevaux (2CV) using either the Revell kit or the Airfix version, probably the latter.......................

Smudge

Smudge

clever choice

you get the prize for the model that's worth more than the real thing that way too!!!

John

Heller 1/35 Moto Gnome-Rhone Motorcycle/sidecar outfit.

Wez, Its in one of my stash boxes in storage. If I get the chance soon I'll try to find it and post up a picture. Its an early WW2 motorcycle combo. I think the Belgians used them too.

1ac85868edd58ce974672c00357be8b3.jpg

6dbfe754a0109fd8d7a17353e6d5dff4.jpg

As you can see, its still sealed in its plastic bag. Such a pity to open it. Looks like I'll have get new glue for it. The wee squishy watchamacallit of glue has dried up.

• Like 1

I wanted to add the Airfix 1:72 Concorde - but there are way too many GBs next year I want to take part so it will be something less ambitious.

Not sure yet but it will be either a 1:48 Air Racer from JMGT (either Potez 53 or Caudron 460) or a 1:72 Nord Griffon (FM) or an Eduard Mirage III converted to a IIIO in Australian markings and NMF (I just read that this would be OK, but maybe it will be too ambitios too). I guess I will decide no sonner than the GB starts...

Pics of the racer boxes:

f3bc9609-4e24-4f15-83d4-a981527eed27_zps

DSC_1532_zpscd96647b.jpg

• Like 1