1/20th Fujimi Sauber C31

I started this last week, mainly been concentrating on the body. I wanted to fit as much as I could together so it could be sprayed as one unit. It takes a little careful assembly but the fit of parts is excellent. All of the main body parts go together really easily. However, I still used a fair bit of putty to blend the seams and get the overall shape nice. The body is sprayed Zero Pure White and is ready for the grey tomorrow.

Picture011_zps9c2c4e3d.jpg

Picture009_zps7acd2e0f.jpg

Also finished the seat and belts

Picture003_zpsaeeb07a1.jpg

and the nose with decals, still needs the clear coat. Paint is a custom mix of Mr colour, Steel, Gloss Black and Silver at 10:5:2 ratio.

Picture001_zpsa45b33ef.jpg

More to follow, any comments most welcome :D

Bit of progress, jumped a few stages. I masked and sprayed the grey areas onto the body, applied a light clear coat and decals. I worried about the red lines going on without wrinkles, but in the end they were very easy to fit. Also found the Fujimi decals respond better to plain water instead of decal setting solutions. A few pictures of where it's at right now.

Picture017_zps9cf9d47c.jpg

Picture018_zps37549ca4.jpg

Picture021_zps71479483.jpg

Picture022_zps6b96b424.jpg

• Like 4

Very quick update and not much to show although I've done plenty over the last few days. Clear coated the main body and polished it to a finish, prepped, primed, painted and applied the decals to the front and rear wing components, these are drying as I type.

Couple of photo's of the bodywork, almost finished..

Picture054_zps21107794.jpg

The shine is not my best, but it's better than the photo's capture..

Picture055_zpsa9a452f4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still working on the Sauber, in fact I hope to have it finished very soon. Lot's of work done but not much to show for it. I've made some really silly mistakes on this kit, all my own doing I might add, the kit is really very good. It's been one of those models that through my own making has fought me at every stage. I just know that everything I've done on it could have been that little bit better and it annoys me slightly that I haven't given it my best. Anyway a few update pictures follow, any comments are welcome as always...

Couple of general views

Picture075_zps688d8168.jpg

Picture077_zps71ebff18.jpg

Cockpit area

Picture080_zps3dea32c2.jpg

Wheels, used MFH wheel decals on these, fantastic product..!!

Picture083_zps67bfeaf0.jpg

Front wing, hardest thing I've ever assembled in my life..

Picture085_zps1cc575eb.jpg

Rear wing, much easier..

Picture086_zpse499f5cf.jpg

Picture087_zps12c805a8.jpg

Picture088_zps0304f9aa.jpg

That's all for now, should have some more progress later if possible. Apologies for the scrappy photo's, I just can't get to grips with my DSLR camera, it's a steep learning curve. Photo's are either too dark, too light, fuzzy/blurred or bits that I want in focus are fuzzy and bits I don't want in focus are sharp...

Hard to see what could have been done better Steve. Most of us would kill for that level of accomplishment.

If that's TP, it's one of my building secrets too! Great when you just need a small bit of paper instead of a towel...

Look forward to seeing this finished

Finished the Sauber C31, I'll try and take some better pictures and add it to the completed section when the weather picks up and the current snow clears. Enjoyable build all round despite a few mistakes along the way. The observant of you will notice that the exhaust tips are missing. They will be added when I buy some tube of the correct size. That was one of the mistakes I made..

Picture090_zps9cea5906.jpg

Picture091_zpsfb5e962c.jpg