Supermarine Attacker 1/48

Finished another one, wooo!

Trumpeters Supermarine Attacker. My WIP can be found here - http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234969896-supermarine-attacker-gear-on-04122014/

Fairly painless build. I did want to add the correct dihedral to the wings however I had glued the wheel wells in whilst I was prepping the parts and this reinforced the wings too much. I replaced the seat with a Mastercasters MB Mk.2 as the kit seat wasn't nice enough. I spent a long time killing the seams on this one, as it's something I want to improve on with later models.

Painted used Alclads primers, clears and metallics with Tamiya for the colour coats. Decals are from the kit and went down really nicely! Worth nothing the underside serials are too small and ignore the Trumpeter instructions, use walk around photos for the demarcation.

Tried to get some decent photos, I'm getting there. I'm moving in the new year and I'm hoping to get more space to be able to set an area aside.

Presented without any attempts at Weathering, I can't find any photos of a dirty Attacker! Assuming that the Navy wanted a very shiny first jet.

Tail_zpsaebb3840.jpg

Nose_zpsb75fb8c4.jpg

FrontQuarter_zps5f929107.jpg

SideFront_zpse13786dd.jpg

Belly_zps61e4bce7.jpg

Who wants to decide which one I start next?!

IMG_20141208_151617_zps921edff7.jpg

I can't make my mind up :P

• Like 7

Lovely clean build there my friend allthough the Dark sea grey dose look a little bit too dark ? ( lighting perhaps ? )

As for your next build it has to be the Sea Hawk , two RN Jets together would look the part :goodjob:

Your correct with the lighting bit! Sun is being so temperamental, I was struggling, ended up using the flash a lot.

Here's a photo of it in a different light -

IMG_20141128_155133_zps8fe87c23.jpg

Thanks for the reply :)

Nice jet, I like that! Makes me want to dig my 1/72nd AZ one out , but must finish something first! I vote for the Sea Fury - such a lovely aeroplane!

As to the topsides, weren't they Extra Dark Sea Grey? Going by memory though, so could well be wrong!

Keith

Ooh! With a Sea Hawk, a Sea Fury and a Wyvern, does it matter which one you do next? I like your style. They had one of these in my LMS last time I was there so I might have to go back and "have a look".

Edited by dadgaddad

Tidy build Breaker, nice and clean, she looks good. Can't see one of the main gear doors I take it (having read your WIP) you weren't able to find it!!

Build the Seahawk next.....

Jer, I live in hope of finding it! It wasn't in the bin and there's only so many places it could be in my workshop, so it'll turn up one day!

Next one is.... The Sea Hawk! Decided by Newark Air Museum as one of the Gents there on Facebook jumped in it today for me and took some detail photos so it'd be rude not to! :)

• Like 2

Great build Breaker of a lovely aircraft

Which one to start next ??? that is up to you, just don't do what i would do

And start all three !!!!!!

Cheers

Thanks Chaps, always appreciate a kind word. Sea Fury has been taken off the sprue and tidied up but the Sea Hawk is getting built currently!

Superb! I forgot to vote, but this is my cup of tea, definitely!