1/144 Antonov AN-225 Mriya conversion

A6-EHJ

Hello all I've been looking at this site for over 2 years and this is my first WIP and first time posting photos so please take it easy on me please.

Well I've always wanted to build this aircraft but there are no kits out there so I'm using 2 Revell AN-124 kits that I've just brought from wonderland models for £12.99 a pop. I was looking over the web and found a page on where a chap is building this monster in a large scale rc aircraft. My wife has worked out the sizes for me in cms and not meters. So I needed to add 3cms to the front and the same in the rear or wing root like I've done as the wings need some work. Well this is 2 nights worth of work

64629C7A-C77D-40BD-B00F-40555D85422F_zps

Edited by A6-EHJ
  • Like 8

Welcome - and this looks like quite a project.

I take it the chord of the wing will need widening, too? I'm going to be very interested to see this progress - there's nothing more satisfying than seeing a good plan come together :)

Tom

Hi Tom thank you! Your builds are out standing in every way. Well tonight I've been mucking about with the port wing and taped the engines to it and it's starting to look a bit more like the mriya now!

EDC1BEE5-A527-4489-9022-5286AB36BDCF_zps

• Like 3

What a fantastic first WIP!! This'll be awesome and this is the first time I've seen someone actually do this. So far, your doing an excellent job.

If you can, keep a record of the measurements of the conversion because I am sure someone else will want to follow suite :)

Been a little busy the last 2 days filling and sanding, still more to go on the tail section

5055C43D-F468-4C47-90B3-D4BB9730CE3D_zps

AADD331A-C489-4504-AA23-364A5D5DA820_zps

9929ADD6-5336-484D-BE4C-94006A1395C5_zps

• Like 2

Lol it might be from your seat!

Hi Ray I cut these out and stuck them on the tail cone

0EF335B5-0497-4486-82A4-D4D812356298_zps

And cut the tail off and added plastic strips to add support to the rear end then added loads of filler to blend it all in

• Like 2

I am now waiting for mr postman to post some scale plans of this monster thanks to Tom Probert and as soon as I get these I will carry on with the rear end

Hi Ken yes, they are the ones Tom as blown up to 144th for me

• 5 weeks later...

I will be cracking on with this in the next few weeks, just had a lot on with family problems

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...