Percival Gull Six, scratch conversion Frog Proctor

JWM

Hi,

This is my first model I made documenting it on WIP forum:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971044-percival-vega-gull-p3-scratch-conversion-from-frog-proctor-172/

So this is scratch conversion from Proctor, Frog/Novo.

I am very thankful to Rossm and Graham Boak who help me a lot clarifying some problems, which appeared during work. This was in WWII forum on BM:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971179-percival-vega-gull-ax698-photo/

Namely, now I know, that proper name of this machine is Percival Gull Six (not “Vega”). Markings presents her when she served in 267 Squadron RAF in Africa ca. 1943, but earlier she was an airplane of Egyptian branch of Shell, then it was imposed into RAF and became AX698, after a year (1940) she had an accident in Lydda (Palestine) – and she was written off, later repaired and back imposed to RAF.

So – have a look and comments welcomed

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

percival gull DSC02893percival gull DSC02894percival gull DSC02895percival gull DSC02896percival gull DSC02897

And just to see them both together:

perciva gull DSC02898

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 17

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Jerzy!!!!

Have missed this one but thanks to your updates in Proctor Thread was able to follow this one to here....really amazing job of cut, shorten and glue back where npthing have happened..., just look like a new one with a Surgeon Precision job!!...but the most outstanding work is the one with the canopy that part by part in the end looks like a true one piece glass...really amazing craftsmanship!!!...

Its nice to watch this wonderful old School Builds, realkly encouraging and motivational works demostrating that when one really want a subject, the only thing in mind will be the magic word "ADVANCE!!!".

Thank you very much for sharing and add joy to this place!!!

Cheers, 

Luis Alfonso 

• Like 1

Many thanks Luis-Alfonso, Rich25 and Invidia for your comments :)

Luis, I am very glad that you like the the trick with construction of cabin from single windows. It is very useful and  I used several times (just to make a fast go through the memory - Ju86R, Ju G34 he, DH Dragonfly, Frog/Novo Beaufort - where I made own new windows in main canopy, Caproni 309, Caproni 310, Miles Falcon Six and many others scratch conversions or complete builds...) It was very risky when I used in past  normal styrene cement, which is harmful to surface. Recently I am glueing with Clear Fix and no risk at all. Sometimes it is much faster than trying to press canopy, what required preparing special tools.

Cheers

J-W

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JWM said:

Many thanks Luis-Alfonso, Rich25 and Invidia for your comments :)

Luis, I am very glad that you like the the trick with construction of cabin from single windows. It is very useful and  I used several times (just to make a fast go through the memory - Ju86R, Ju G34 he, DH Dragonfly, Frog/Novo Beaufort - where I made own new windows in main canopy, Caproni 309, Caproni 310, Miles Falcon Six and many others scratch conversions or complete builds...) It was very risky when I used in past  normal styrene cement, which is harmful to surface. Recently I am glueing with Clear Fix and no risk at all. Sometimes it is much faster than trying to press canopy, what required preparing special tools.

Cheers

J-W

Hi Jerzy!!!

W O W....W O W!!!!! Nice that with you have always always always new things to learn, really I am very very happy each time I am watching one of your works, I have a very very soft spot in my heart for those Old School BUT effective technichs you and some other colleagues as Mario Bursee use, without a doubt seem that even though there are many nice quick builders around the world that we respect for their dexterities, andvanced results and nice finishing techniques, there are some people like you that love to try and experiment with simple but effective ways to make nice things with basic techniques getting advanced results!!!

Cheers!!!

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1