Aston Martin DBR9 Airfix 1/32

I Agree with you Dave. Wil be nice to have more cars at this scale. To me, 1/72 air-modeler, 1/32 is BIG enough. 1/24 it's perhaps a bit too big... Although I'm planing a 1/24 for the next one :D

Juanjo

If 1/24 is too big don't look at any of the 1/8 builds lol they are massive

Shaun

No offence taken, it's great to see that there are some really stunning models in all scales. The 1/8 cars are really great but too big for me to display but the 1/43 to 1/32 are perfect to have lots in a small space and as you have shown with this build you can add proper realism to any scale

Shaun

Now you mention 1/43... What a shocking surprise is the price tag of these scale kits!!!

I admit I'm a complete newbie when talking about car modeling but there must be a really small market when they need to ask such kind of prices for those tiny kits... Isnt it?

Edited by JuanjoDominguez

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

21.jpg

One step beyond (Madness dixit)… :)

Finished optics... Its quite a bit of work to mask those thin black lines they have at the front ones...

11.jpg

I added some metallic paper backing the rear lights to make them more reflective

5.jpg

One pic showing the wheel/disk brake I forgot to include previously

And a couple more showing the general look right now... It includes some conic aluminum rivets that really improve the model.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Hope you enjoy the pics :)

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

1.jpg

Almost ready to go! I wake up early this morning as I cant sleep thinking about finishing the model...

2.jpg

I've finished the main clear parts. I must admit I hate clear parts... When I was modelling aircrafts there were some minor clear parts but this is, with no doubt, the proverbial hell for clear parts haters :D

They were way too distorted so needed to sand them down to 3000 grit, then polishing with compound (two grades), then they need a Future bath, then they need a black frame inside.... Then you need to smoke tint a band on to the front windshied... And, if you still need a bit more, you need to put some decals on (this time colorado decals were undersized :( ) and paint the borders with a Tamiya enamel pencil to hide a bit the plastic thickness once in place... Lots of chances to screw it up and make you to start it over (again and again, Keane dixit)... Oh well :) This is modelling so a bit of pain is a must :D

I only need to glue every part in place... The last time I was in this stage was in 2008! So I'm a bit nervous... Still there is margin for dissasters so hope everything go as they must and allow me to call this a finished one (fingers crossed)

• Like 2

I'm happy today.... seven years after my previous finished work (Sh60B 1/72) I can call another one a finished one.... Very happy indeed...

11.jpg

There are things that could be improved, of course, but i'm very happy with the results... Mostly having in count that is my first civil vehicle and my first 1/32 model...

4.jpg

21.jpg

3.jpg

51.jpg

Thanks a lot for all your kind words that really boosted me. This model is dedicated to all of you that participated in this thread. Thanks a lot ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I forgot to talk about was the fake air intake over the right rear wheel

2992317477_66032f1b18_o.jpg

I replicated it by cutting a piece of paper with the shape of the intake and airbrushing it flat black. Then put it on a piece of thin plastic, as backing paper, and covered with Scotch invisible tape. I cut the whole sandwich leaving a thin stripe of Scotch tape.

Now you only need to remove the backing plastic and adhere in place...

detext-c.jpg

In the general pics of the model it seems there is an air intake just like in the real thing :)

51.jpg

• Like 3