Challenger 2 - Desertised with Etch and Barrel (Tamiya 1:35)

Hi,

After enjoying the Tiger build so much, I decided to have a go at a Challenger. I opted for this kit as it was sourced cheaply on a well known auction site and the etch (there are 3 frets in the bag) was readily available. The barrel however was not so easy but I believe I have now located a Lion Marc version in Hong Kong and am just awaiting confirmation.

If you are watching, I hope you enjoy the build :)

Cheers

Nigel

IMG_0576_zps72679235.jpg

• Like 8

I wasn't going to do the 'sprue pictures' but a build doesn't seem the same without them so here they are. Complete with nuts & bolts, wire and plastic card :coolio:

I have my fingers crossed that the Lion Marc barrel is available to replace the one below :pray:

IMG_0578_zps80004692.jpg

IMG_0583_zps4d67b021.jpg

IMG_0580_zpscc3c1e3b.jpg

IMG_0585_zps84e43727.jpg

• Like 3

Build has commenced. I can't help but think the majority of this will be covered once complete. Still, it would feel strange not applying the same level of attention than if it were to be on show. :mental::mental:

IMG_0587_zps8760e19b.jpg

IMG_0591_zpsb45fd83f.jpg

• Like 2

An interesting looking project mind if I sit in on this one?

Roger

You are very welcome Roger. Just hope I don't disappoint! :unsure:

Got to watch this one! Santas bringing me the same kit and etch set plus the Bronco tracks!'

Hi Wasacop - I'm yet to experience after-market tracks. I may have to give them a go soon!

Good start Wimbledon - lots of wheels!!!! :yikes:

Indeed Stix. I think my next model will be a 'plank' in flight. No wheels necessary ;)

I know what you mean about doing all that work on the wheels and then it's hidden behind a skirt. I've just completed the 'Tortoise' and I'd say a good 75% was behind the skirt! <_<

Get cracking... :popcorn:

Then again, at least you know if you lift the skirt, all is as should be - Ahem :whistle:

• Like 2

Wimbledon, the tracks are what I'm most nervous about! I've not built a tank since I did the Tamiya Chieftain as a lad! Hope I've not bitten off more than I can chew!!

I built a Tamiya Tiger recently and each track was made of 100 individual pieces. Each peice had to be removed from the sprue and cleaned up. I thought it was going to be a nightmare but whilst time consuming, it was relativity painless and quite rewarding. Hence, I'm sure you'll be fine with the Bronco tracks :)

• Like 2