Armourfast Sherman III Normandy 1944

This is an Armourfast M4A2/Sherman III. A very quick build which is followed by as much or as little detailing or upgrading you want. With the quick-build you do get a lot of simplified or absent detail, but with a bit of patience and a few bits and pieces you can get a satisfying conclusion.

The tank's been finished as 'Balaclava' belonging to the Regimental HQ, 13/18th Royal Hussars, 27th Armoured Brigade during the Normandy campaign. Once again the decals come from Mike Starmer's range.

The tracks have been detailed with some Evergreen channel section glued to the flat track pads. Lifting rings were added from thin wire and light guards from mini staples. The stowage is mostly Value Gear and the crew are white metal figures from a number of sources.

The base is a sheet of thin plywood covered with a layer of green Oasis foam sealed with a textured PVA mix. The grass is a static grass with a few added grass clumps and flowers.

IMG_5663_zpsca597cdf.jpg

IMG_5662_zps832c86a4.jpg

IMG_5661_zpsaabad75a.jpg

IMG_5660_zps24e5ab6c.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 13

Nicely detailed Sherman and another great display base. Excellent - well done. Can I please ask what you used for the grass? It looks very good.

Kind regards,

Stix

Nicely detailed Sherman and another great display base. Excellent - well done. Can I please ask what you used for the grass? It looks very good.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix

Thanks for the comments :)

The grass is I think Noch static grass. Sorry I can't be more precise but I've lost the original packet. Fibre lengths are about 2 to 3 mm but they are an awful colour straight out of the pack, a mix of lurid greens with a fair smattering of red! It's applied to the ground work onto a layer of PVA via plastic 'puffer' bottle. This gives the grass a slight static charge and makes it stand up. When it was fully dry I airbrushed it with a thin coat of Vallejo German Camo. Bright Green then some dusty shades.

Cheers

• Like 1

Very nice BL, seeing your builds has got me interested in tackling some tanks, so much so ,I've bought a 3 pack of Shermans from PSC.

I shall nicking tips of some of your other builds,

Sean

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...