1/72 Eduard Focke Wulf Fw-190A/F - released

172flogger

The slatted bits appear to be the launch rails for the Panzerblitz rockets. Big prop for the late A and F too.

Thanks for the clarification, Lee!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks absolutely amazing on the sprues. The test build, they're not doing themselves any favors there, very sloppily thrown together and the fit on the engine and gun panels looks rather bad. However, if their latest kits are anything to go by that will not be an issue on the finished product.

I'm really looking forward to this - Eduard may be setting themselves up to corner the market for all major WWII fighters with a Spitfire on the way and the Hellcat already being arguably the best 72nd kit ever. I can't wait for them to expand into other areas, although they will have a tough battle ahead if they want to take on Tamiya's P-47, P-51 and Zero!

The fit on the engine and gun panels is indeed poor, as is the upper instrument panel if you use the etch - I'm building one right now. That said everything else fits quite well, dry fitting shows a near perfect wing to fuselage join. Just to clarify, you do not get the weapon sprue in the A-8 Profipack.

Now we can all see parts for other versions but does anyone know what boxings they will bring out in the future? The only thing I've read about confirms the Royal Class boxing will contain 4 A-8's and there will be 2 sets of armour and 30mm cannons so you can build up to 2 A-8/R2 or A-8/R8 (the R8 being the correct official designation for the armour/30mm cannon combo). For example, on the A-8 sprue, we see the fat prop as used on the A-9/F-9 but there's no 14 blade cooling fan, so will they be doing an A-9/F-9? I'm also wondering if they will do an A-5/6 or 7 too. I've got a number of unbuilt Revell and Hasegawa kits in my stash and need to know whether to sell them and if so which ones? To buy new Eduard kits, I need to raise funds by selling old kits.

thanks

Mike

Actually it's not a big surprise that there are some problems with Eduard's Butcherbird. I've been building their Spitfire VIII in 48th and the instrument panel is too wide and you have to sand it but not too much because windshield is tad too wide too. But that's the only problem so far.

And I really hope that the problem mentioned by Mike is the only one too.

I wasn't supposed to buy new models and wait for Spitfires but finally I ordered one box two days ago.

Mike any piscs possible to show the issue? TIA

Cheers

Dominik

I'm not sure you'll be able to tell - I used superglue to get the offending parts to stick in place. The issue with the upper instrument panel is that the plastic part fits perfectly in the little slots provided but adding etch makes it too thick and it's a bit of a pain to fix once you've glue the etch on. It might be worth trying the etch parts by themselves, rather than stick them on the plastic part as Eduard suggests. The MG and engine upper cowls just need a bit of sanding and clamping in place. Like I said the rest of the kit fits perfectly so far. The fuselage is together with main and tail wings + rudder all attached. It's certainly more detailed than the Hasegawa kit, just not as simple and easy to build, so far I'd still rate it over Revell's or Airfix's kit.

It will be Priller's 'Black 13' from D-day but I'm trying to find out about some details for that aircraft as it might not have been a stock A-8.

thanks

Mike

PS I'd still like to know Eduard's plans beyond the Royal Class, so I know which Hasegawa and Revell Fw190 kits to sell to pay for new Eduard kits!

Edited by Mikemx

• 2 weeks later...

My FW 190 arrived yesterday but I only have time to unpack it today. At first glance everything looks fab, but the second glance reveals som issues on parts. Prop blades are not so fab. The problem is not huge yet it is. I wonder if the blades change shape after sanding imperfections...or maybe it just Eduard's policy to buy brassin :hobbyhorse: And the shell shutes of the outer wing cannons are not perfect...they look different actually. When I compare FW and Hellcat (or even Bf 110) I must admit that Wurger is of worse quality. I have strange feeling that mould production was outsourced...I remember that Eduard showed Avia's moulds but I can't remember them showing Wurger's ones...

Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

New boxing

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/posts/1225774374104174

Box contents of the new Weekend edition scale kit of Fw 190A-8 standard wings in 72nd scale. March release.

See more details and marking options previews here: http://www.eduard.com/store/en/eduard/plastic-kits/weekend-edition/aircraft/1-72/fw-190a-8-standard-wings-1-72.html

12804686_1225774294104182_69933982353339

12794525_1225774287437516_61204699541002

V.P.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I expected Profipack edition to include Hungarian markings too. Well, good that aftermarket decals exist.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...