1/72 Eduard Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX, VIII and XVI

172flogger

I was expecting this, if it's anything close to the accuracy of the 1/48 version it will be a winner !!

Just lets hope the devil doesn't strike and they make no errors.

Sigh, I was hoping for a good, reasonably priced, up-to-date, MKV.

Rick.

Let's hope Airfix have one hiding behind one the advent calender doors.

Not that I'm too unhappy with Eduard making a MkIX though.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

My poor wallet.

No kidding. I don't normally buy more than one or two of any kit, but this one? Ten, at least, if it's as good as their Hellcats. My favorite marks of my favorite plane of all time.

• Like 1

I hope they'll be as good as Hellcats (I'm currently building one and I must say it's wonderful, stressless work). According to Czech forum first edition should be in August (Nasi se vreacei - The Boys are Back). But I'm waiting more for Mk.VIII, which is my favourite. Now we have to be patient and rob a bank ;-P

I have to start organising my "warehouse".

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great news! Definitely my most-anticipated kit(s) of 2015... Most likely going to hang on to my stash of AZ kits to soak up extra decal options for post-WWII export customers, etc. and save the old wallet from some of the shock these kits could represent.

My favorite marks of my favorite plane of all time.

Same here...well, tied with the P-51D in my case...probably a very good thing for my budget that we're not likely to see one of those from Eduard in 1:72 for at least another two or three years.

Edited by Sabre_days

Mr. Å ulc said he hopes for September release of the Spit IX. It will first be released in 1/72 version of the "Boys are back" limited edition.

Can you elaborate on Quote ..."Boys are back" limited edition. Unquote.

Surely the first release wouldn't be a 'limited edition'.

I only hope that it's not gonna be very limited edition as the 48th scale edition. The original idea was completely without sense as the shipping cost is horrible. I wish Eduard released it normally, to the shops. I think Royal Class would be better for the beginning. But now only we can do is to wait and see.

Dominik....waiting impatiently for new Eduard's Spitfires.