RAF Sentinel's and some low level activity.

eng

Was on my way home from Norwich today and passed RAF Cranwell. Aside from the King Airs and Tutors circuit bashing, there was 2 of the Sentinel fleet parked up on the flight line (and a solitary Tucano).

Are the Sentinel's based at Cranwell? There was 3 off them there last week when I passed as well and I've never noticed them here before. Is it a temporary re-homing?

Rest of the trip home was quite eventful too, a Hawk climbing out of Leeming, a GR.4 heading west for the hills just north of Leeming, 2 Hawks low level at Brough on the A66, another fast jet that I couldn't ident as I lost sight of it in the sun, and a Tucano over the Center Parcs resort of the A66 as well! Maybe we do still have an airforce......

Was disappointed not to have seen any fast jets whilst at Southwaite services though, I've been 'had' here on 3 different occasions by sneaky low GR.4's!

Rgds

Eng

Also parked up the first time I passed the other week were 3 of the new Shadow R1's. Again I think these are probably another Waddo temporary re-location, but a type I hadn't yet seen.

Eng