Lightning XR753 of 23 (from 75) in 48

Well folks I started this on the 7th October and today was happy to finish it off. Built for the Lightning STGB, you can see the build thread over there if anyone is interested. However, for a quicker précis ...

Airfix F6 with Xtradecal markings used with the kit stencils, Aires cockpit, jet pipes and wheel wells, CMK control surfaces, Quickboost seat, Master pitot and Alclad finish.

Please forgive the artistic license in having the flaps dropped a tad and the airbrakes out :)

I put some gubbins on the canopy insides...mirror, locks, silica containers, pipe work etc, as posing it open would have left their absence a bit more obvious. The Aires sets called for a lot of plastic thinning to fit in (heard that before?!) and the nose cone isn't actually centralised. This isn't my fault as such, I just put it in as it was moulded, so beware if you use the undercarriage sets! I think I used all the Alclad aluminium shades at some point, and whilst it does look darker than normal that's down to me liking a dirtier bird !

317F735F-DAEF-40E1-AC4A-CF77E12E0DF5_zps

0297F7F7-66E6-4732-A48D-0AB2CE66571D_zps

null_zpsbb01c2c1.jpg

null_zpsa4bf7063.jpg

null_zps5a8e0ddf.jpg

null_zps571232a2.jpg

null_zpsccdfaba3.jpg

null_zps9de93781.jpg

null_zps297612cb.jpg

null_zpsecf902ea.jpg

null_zps5a36d006.jpg

null_zps96bf4317.jpg

null_zpsdac96174.jpg

null_zps6b4bcafd.jpg

null_zpsf2ad65f4.jpg

null_zpsf50a258a.jpg

null_zpsbb365373.jpg

null_zpsc67cc666.jpg

null_zpsce8e2f4a.jpg

null_zps8a917260.jpg

null_zps440d4e45.jpg

null_zps1bdd71e4.jpg

• Like 14

Lightning`s only had two flap position up or down no mid settings on these beast.

Hence the reason I said please excuse the artistic license in having them down a bit

Very nice indeed! I love the weathering on that bird...one of my two favorite modeling tasks is weathering, the other is decaling. :captain:

Yeah I can relate to that totally. I find using the Alclad is like an art form but I get the most pleasure from weathering it.

• 2 years later...