*La Dolce Vita - Italian GB 2016 - "we got 34 now Ma!"

trickyrich

Ok this was something I originally suggested way back in 2013 but then it was just for the airforce, this was a bit restrictive.

It got into this years vote and I had completely forgotten about it and didnt remove the earlier restrictions.

But it seems like there is still a lot of interest in this so its now opened up completely. So if it was made in Italy or wore the Italian colours then bring it along.

I have always liked the flare and passion the Italians put into their designs and if that wasnt enough then add a few more cylinders or even an extra engine!!

Which would you rather listen to a Ferrari 250GTO a Lamborghini Miura or a 60s Renault or 2CV!!

So lets go for a drive around Tuscany, a cruse over Lake Como, sail the Tyrrhenian Sea, or a flight along the Amafi Coast.

Lets live the good life in 2016!

ok the list.....

1, trickyrich - Host
2, Mitch K
3, vppelt68
4, JOCKNEY
5, Lex77
6, CliffB
7, Giorgio N
8, Prenton
9, milktrip
10, Arniec - Co-Host
11, Bonhoff
12, Caerbannog
13, Paul J

14, swat11

15, TallPaul

16, Chimpion

17, Doug Rogers

18, hgbn

19, feoffee2

20, Ettore

21, SleeperService

22, iJones

23, Shermaniac

24, Mitch K

25, maltadefender

26, JackG

27, RobG

28, 06/24

29, Enzo Matrix

30, pinetree_fella

31, Hardtarget

32, SAU

33, Blitz23

34, usetherudders

35, wellzy

36, wimbledon99

Edited by trickyrich

cool welcome......

I've moved the list to the first post to make it easier to keep updated.

I won't go as crazy as Cliff did but will over time post ideas for everyone.

To get started some classic Italian curves in red!

Front-34-Miura-S-Crop-1600-Web_zpsee684e

Monica-Bellucci-ASG-004115_zps2add83b3.j

though I'm not sure what scale the second one is in available in thou!

• Like 2

Rich, add a tag of cars to this GB. I love that (is it a?) Miura. Ferraris are mass produced vehicles - Lambos are real sports cars! No, I don´t own either one of them... so I better :shutup: V-P

like your style!

have added additional tags, hopefully have covered most of the bases.

welcome everyone else, you all have been added.

I'm sure in for many reasons, some of which quite obvious.. :lol:

For aircrafts enthusiasts like me there are plenty of choices with both classic props and modern jets in many different schemes. And new kits are coming continuously, why not get the new Kinetik kit of this one next year ?

WP_20140524_009_zps11872fd1.jpg

Or anyone into colourful helicopters ?

WP_20140524_029_zps88300e5b.jpg

Cars... Italian racing cars are so famous that there's no need to mention them. Road sports car are maybe even more represented: a few square kilometers between Modena and Bologna have given birth to more dream cars than every other place in the world put together !

Ferrari or Lamborghini ? Both have their pros and cons and to be fair until the Miura arrived the context was between Ferrari and Maserati. But some cars made even the Lambos feel "common", this was one of them:

49-2.jpg

(who'll be the first to identify this beauty ?)

Not sure if there's any kit, but Fujimi did a good kit of the little car appearing in my profile picture.. maybe I should build that one if the GB goes through the voting next year ? :lol:

As for those other beauties in red.... I'll post something sure of interest over the next few days...

Edited by Giorgio N

...but my mother had two Fiat 127:s in 1975-1979. Red. 903ccm engines. Don´t they count?

Haha no!

Though I can't laugh, we had a 124BC Sport Coupe & we nearly got an 850 Sport Coupe!

Cars... Italian racing cars are so famous that there's no need to mention them. Road sports car are maybe even more represented: a few square kilometers between Modena and Bologna have given birth to more dream cars than every other place in the world put together !

Ferrari or Lamborghini ? Both have their pros and cons and to be fair until the Miura arrived the context was between Ferrari and Maserati. But some cars made even the Lambos feel "common", this was one of them:

49-2.jpg

(who'll be the first to identify this beauty ?)

Not sure if there's any kit, but Fujimi did a good kit of the little car appearing in my profile picture.. maybe I should build that one if the GB goes through the voting next year ? :lol:

As for those other beauties in red.... I'll post something sure of interest over the next few days...

I have seen these before and thought at first it was an Iso but it's a Bizzarrini, though I think Iso may have had a hand in to some where!

I love do the Iso Grifo, just look beautiful!

Mmm I had some nice ones of the red beauties with some of he panels removed but thought it may be a bit much for here!!!!! :devil:

Oh and have added you to the list.

I have seen these before and thought at first it was an Iso but it's a Bizzarrini, though I think Iso may have had a hand in to some where!

I love do the Iso Grifo, just look beautiful!

Mmm I had some nice ones of the red beauties with some of he panels removed but thought it may be a bit much for here!!!!! :devil:

Oh and have added you to the list.

Yes, it is indeed a Bizzarrini GT 5300. This existed in both road and race version.

Small story about these cars, related to me by a college mate who's father was in touch with many rich men of the days... one of his father's friend was particularly well off and had bought one of these new from the factory. Now these cars, like many Italian sports cars of the '60s and '70s, look gorgeous and were fantastic to drive but build quality was not high on the list. The man used the car as a daily driver and loved it but rain kept ingressing from the door sills and at some point he went to Bizzarrini directly. Giotto (a name very apt to his genius) Bizzarrini was horrified by the complaints and yelled back "this is a piece of art, if you want a normal car the Maserati factory is down the road!"

As usual, can't guarantee on how true the story is, but I always found it a very good one

Now speaking of that other kind of red beauties, I can guarantee that no matter how temperamental an old Bizzarrini can be, that other kind is much, much more difficult to deal with... :winkgrin:

Bizzarrini was horrified by the complaints and yelled back "this is a piece of art, if you want a normal car the Maserati factory is down the road!"

To a much lesser extent, this possibly still characterises the Italian phiolosophy on car manufacture. My last two cars, both taken from new to 100k miles:

1) Alfa GT: gorgeous but irritating

2) VW Scirocco: worthy but dull

(actually these could also be descriptions of me and my missus!)

and then of course there are their motocycles ...... :eat:

Cheers

Cliff

Put me in too, please. (a SM 79 in racing/civil version is sitting in the stash just waiting for this one....and it's red as well!)

Philip

no probs, I have two 1/48th military ones sitting in the stash (one resin and one plastic) which I'm dying to build, so hopefully....

Welcome aboard everyone

Count me in as well. I have a few Macchi's in my stash and a SM79 with loads of extra's.

Cheers,

Arnold I think the SM79's might be a popular choice, I've always liked them.

Hopefully my "work lifestyle" would have calmed down by the time this comes around, voting assumed, as I have a 1/48 resin one I'm dying to build!

• Like 1

Count me in please. Not sure yet wether I will do another plane or Monica Bellucci (If I find a kit of her). Sophia Loren would be nice too... Alas - I better keep to something which is in my stash anyway. Probably Special Hobby Breda or Fly Ansaldo SVA.

Rene