*La Dolce Vita - Italian GB 2016 - "we got 34 now Ma!"

trickyrich

Hell I put two Italian builds in the last "What If" GB. Pretty sure I can sneak Italian stuff into the Africa/Med AND the Eastern Front GB's without having to stretch the envelope at all!

Absolutely, Italian forces served in that front too with Macchi Mc.200 and 202, transports S.81, Ca.311 and Z.1007 for recce and a number of BR.20M bombers.

The Army of course sent a number of divisions and the Savoia Regiment took part in one of the very last cavalry charges in the history of warfare (and probably the last ever full formation charge).

Italian made aircrafts were also used by a number of other air forces on the Eastern Front, including the Luftwaffe

The Finnish put its Fiat fighters to good use against the Soviets. German detachment Kuhlmey was supported by Savoia Marchetti transport planes. There were also some Italian torpedo boats or something at lake Ladoga.

• Like 1

Maybe however we can make this GB live by building as many Italian subjects for the GBs that managed to go through. The WW2 Med/North Africa GB is particularly suited but most others can benefit from an Italian subject or two...

I already plan to build an F-104S and a G.91 in the NATO v WP GB. I never thought of the WW2 Med/North Africa GB... :banghead: I'm pretty sure I can work something out for that.

• Like 1

It is a shame that for the second year again we miss out! Think it would have been a very successful GB if it had gone ahead.

But my planned builds for this can go into the Med/Nth Africa build quite easily.

Not sure if we should try and resurrect this idea again??

It is a shame that for the second year again we miss out! Think it would have been a very successful GB if it had gone ahead.

But my planned builds for this can go into the Med/Nth Africa build quite easily.

Not sure if we should try and resurrect this idea again??

Know what you mean, I was thinking along similar lines myself, maybe there simply isn't enough members with an interest in Italian subjects and a third attempt would meet with similar fate

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Personally I have mixed feelings: it would be great to have this GB approved for 2017 but at the same time I'm not sure if we'd have chances ? In both previous attempts the GB proposals didn't really get that many votes, we were never close to reaching the required numbers. Would a third attempt fare any better ? Hard to tell..

In the meantime I'm trying to squeeze some Italian subjects in other Group Builds