Help with Buccaneer XW544 cammo colors

periklis_sale

Hi guys

i need your help (as i am colorblind :( )

i am about to paint my Buccaneer as the following XW544 plane

http://thebuccaneeraviationgroup.com/BuccaneerWebTest/Buccaneer_Rollout_Blog/Entries/2012/3/24_A_Day_in_the_life_of_the_Pilot_of_XW544_files/shapeimage_2.png

can you please advice me what colour from Tamiay (or Gunze) can i use?

I have the Tamiay XF81, 82 and 83 can i use them?

i rad that you can use XF54 (but it looks a bit to dark?)

thanks guys

Edited by periklis_sale

DSCF1658_zps9818c09d.jpg

I painted this using Mr Hobby (Gunze) paints. Can't remember the codes but it was RAF Dark Sea Grey and RAF Dark Green. I did a bit of fading with medium sea grey, so I'd omit that and you'd be about right? I'll try and get you the codes when I get home.

Tamiya XF81 is good for the green. XF54 can be used for the grey but it's not great IMHO.

As you can get the Gunze paint, that Breaker used on its nice Phantom, the right codes are H330 for the green and H331 (the one you've mentioned) for the grey.

As both tamiya and gunze paints can be painted one on top of the other with no problem, you can choose between tamiya XF81 and gunze H330 for the green and use H331 for the grey, you'll get a good result with these

• Like 1

Gunze 309 is matched to the US green FS 34079. This is indeed very similar to RAF's dark green and is often given as a match. Mind, it's not that lighter really, at least not in real life. Being very close, you could try and see if you like the finish more.

Speaking of too dark paints compared to photos, this can happen for many reasons: scale effect is one, although not everybody is convinced by this...