1/72 Airfix Avro Lancaster BII

Hello!

Here's my 1/72 Airfix Lancaster BII, which I started working on in April 2014.

It was already finished at the end of October and went on display at the Wiener Modellbaumesse (Vienna Model & Toy Fair), where IMPS Austria were attending.

Now I finally managed to get pictures taken, thanks to Mr. Wolfgang Rabel of IGM Cars & Bikes.

This is the 1/72 Airfix kit with some Eduard photo etch added, representing a machine of 408 (Goose) Squadron, 6 Group RCAF, RAF Linton-on-Ouse, Yorkshire, July 1944.

The model was airbrushed using Gunze/Mr Hobby acrylics.

a_DSC1092_zpsdfada2cd.jpg

a_DSC1102_zps8e126c9c.jpg

a_DSC1100_zps0cef6d99.jpg

a_DSC1117_zpsb3351f04.jpga_DSC1122_zpsece933d6.jpg

a_DSC1138_zps39958fbe.jpg

a_DSC1143_zpsd074f217.jpg

a_DSC1144_zps21316a44.jpg

a_DSC1106_zps3d143588.jpg

a_DSC1096_zps09d53b0f.jpg

a_DSC1095_zps3bc3ce96.jpg

TTa_DSC1145_zps616c0fce.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers from Vienna, Austria

Roman

Edited by Roman Schilhart
  • Like 34

A magnificent Lancaster. Very cool!!!

And it's interesting to compare it to Manchester posted yesterday. Two-engined streamlined Manchester vs heavier looking Lancaster is something like a sedan or coupe vs a station wagon variant of the same car model.

Nicely done. Now if you could just tone down that very bright coppery colour on the cowling fronts, it would be even better. Not your fault. Airfix tells you to use that colour, but it's not quite right.

Chris

Lots of positive feedback here Roman, and it is easy to see why. Nicely presented, but ultimately nicely modelled version of the Lanc. The Goose squadron option is very much my go to when I build mine, and I would also like a modern tool of a Halifax Mk flown by 408 as well so I can represent "Chesty" crewed by Bob Gall.

• 2 weeks later...