1/72 - Gloster Meteor T.Mk.7 by Special Hobby - released - new boxing

Homebee

The fuel tanks.

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2014/12/sh72317-gloster-meteor-t-mk-75-in-172.html

SH72317 Gloster Meteor T Mk 7.5 in 1/72 – the fuel tanks prototype part

Meteor T Mk. 7.5 with G-ANSO registration was a Gloster´s demonstrator and was fitted with non-standard wing-tip fuel tanks. These are made from PUR resin in the SH72317 Gloster T Mk 7.5 model.

The master pattern was designed using a CAD, produced on a 3D printer and the photos below show the prototype part after being polished and fitted with casting blocks.

IMG_1021.JPG

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

I'd love to see them come out with the M.B. Mk.7 1/2, but this looks very nice indeed! I might have to buy this one, not that I don't have enough Meatboxes in the stash.

Regards,

Jason

I'd love to see them come out with the M.B. Mk.7 1/2, but this looks very nice indeed! I might have to buy this one, not that I don't have enough Meatboxes in the stash.

Regards,

Jason

There's no such thing as having too many Meatboxes in my opinion...

And a reconnaissance nose as well!

• Like 1

Yes! http://www.aeromodel.eu/en/special-hobby-1/special-hobby-1-72/1-72-gloster-meteor-t-mk-7-5.html?cur=1

Source: http://www.mpmkits.eu/2014/12/sh72317-gloster-meteor-t-mk-75-172-scale.html

Friday, 12 December 2014

SH72317 Gloster Meteor T Mk 7.5 1/72 scale

Gloster T Mk 7 trainer aircraft (available under no.72548) was one of the most widespread variants of the Meteor jet fighter aircraft. Only a handful of the Meteor T Mk7 was equipped with a larger and squared off tail taken from the more modern Mk 8 fighter version. This new trainer variant got somewhat peculiar designation Meteor T Mk 7.5 (T Mk 7 ? was also used). While these planes were used in Great Britain mainly for various test flights and public shows, in the Belgian and Israeli air forces they served as standard training machines.

The kit SH72317 contains five frames of plastic parts, three of them in standard greyish styrene, the other two which contain the canopy and recce nose parts are made of clear plastic. The decal sheet offers markings for the Gloster company demonstration aircraft which was blue overall with white coloured stripes and civil registration codes. It was also equipped with non-standard wing-tip fuel tanks. The other British aircraft in this kit is the RAE test machine in dark blue overall and with a non-standard reconnaissance nose. This pair is accompanied by a silver Belgian machine with yellow trimmings and a camouflaged Israeli plane wearing a name on its nose (Ef´eh, ie Viper)

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1078.JPG

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1084.JPG

SH72317_nAvod-%2B01.jpg

SH72317_nAvod-%2B02.jpg

SH72317_nAvod-%2B03.jpg

SH72317_nAvod-%2B04.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Eek! You would have to actually use black or dark grey paint to make a full size Meteor look like that on a freshly painted airframe (which G-ANSO was when in that guise). No amount of oil or grime would spread out so far from the panel lines.

Edited by Work In Progress
  • Like 1

Didn't you realise ? All real aircraft are pre-shaded with thick black lines, especially the colourful jets from the golden era.

To give depth I've been instructed that it's much better to spray two slightly different shades of the same colour, preferably whilst the first is still wet.

Nice looking kit though. Looking forward to the Fisher T.7 conversion for the 1/32 HKM offering.

Tony

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Gloster Meteor T.Mk.7 by Special Hobby - released - new Azur T.7 boxing in 2021
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Gloster Meteor T.Mk.7 by Special Hobby - released - new FRROM T.7 boxing in 2021
  • 4 weeks later...

Source: http://frrom.com/index.php?page=frrom-fr0045-2

FR0045 Gloster Meteor T Mk 7
The first Allied jet was developped shortly after WWII into a training aircraft

Built over 600 units, delivered to many countries including not only Unioted Kingdom, but also 'Egypt (6), Denmark (9), France (14), Belgium (43), Israël (6), Brazil (10), Sweden (3), Netherland (45), Australia (9), Syria (2)

Israël dis modify at least three aircraft and used them in reconnaissance role before the Suez crisis (one of the Isrealis T Mk 7 was lost slightly before the operations started in earnest). 

France received the Meteors between 1950 and 1955, Some Meteor T Mk 7 were  used by CEV (Test Flight Center)

Belgium got the T.Mk.7 in 1948, 1951 and 1952.

Camouflages :

• Cam A : Mk 7 coded Black 15 of the Israeli Air Force, during the Suez confrontation, with yellow and black stripes,. Sqn 115 badge on nose, all aluminium, with air intakes and nose quartered black and white. Roundels at six usual positions. Israel, 1956.
  • Cam B : Mk 7 coded 30-MY, Tours, escadrille Camargue, summer 1956. All aluminium. Armée de l'Air.
  • Cam C : Mk 7 EDo42 with yellow engines and yellow fuselage band. Fighter School, Coxyde, Belgium, 1958

FR0045-I551p.jpg FR0045-I602p.jpg

FR0045-I536.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Gloster Meteor T.Mk.7 by Special Hobby - released - new FRROM T.7 boxing