Spitfire mk IXc 1/48 Hasegawa

Hello all.

I would like to show you my latest model that I finish few days ago.

This is Spitfire mk IXc flown by G/Cpt ALEKSANDER GABSZEWICZ

9½ confirmed kills, 1-1/3 probables, 3 damaged planes.

This model went together like lego blocks. Only small amount of filler was required.

For weathering I have use humbrol products paint and pigments plus mig oils.For panel lines I have use for first time flory model wash and I'm happy that I bought it. I have use a satin varnish because matt dull the colours a bit and all Spitfire that i saw in air show was a bit shiny.

I am really pleased how she turns out and I hope that you will like it as well.

Fell free to comment good or bad to help me improve my next build.

Regards

Paweł

IMGP9150_zpse18afc84.jpg

IMGP9149_zps8566a88b.jpg

IMGP9147_zps20bd33db.jpg

IMGP9146_zps2d86edc7.jpg

IMGP9143_zps4f64ef97.jpg

IMGP9120_zps589aa957.jpg

IMGP9117_zpse6c33a03.jpg

2014-10-24%2000.20.14_zps5iukmn7r.jpg

• Like 16

Hi Pawel. I thoroughly enjoyed following your build of this Hasegawa Spitfire and it's turned out beautifully! I agree with you about your use of the Flory wash - I think it really adds something to the finish - (something else I now need to try!)

;-)

Well done!

Now - what's next?

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 2

That's a very elegant Spitfire!

The semigloss does enhance the smooth lines, I agree. Maybe not quite accurate historically (wartime Spit finishes were very matt, except when waxed, and warbirds flying now have a different kind of paint) but it pleases the eye!

The only improvement I could think of would be to slightly drop the elevators to the position typical of a parked Spit.

Excellent work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 2

That's a very elegant Spitfire!

The semigloss does enhance the smooth lines, I agree. Maybe not quite accurate historically (wartime Spit finishes were very matt, except when waxed, and warbirds flying now have a different kind of paint) but it pleases the eye!

The only improvement I could think of would be to slightly drop the elevators to the position typical of a parked Spit.

Excellent work!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Hi Joachim and thank you for your reply.

I was not sure about kind of varnish I suppose to use so i pick satin. Next time will be matt. And next time i will follow your advice and elevators will be dropped.

This is not my last Spitfire :)

Cheers

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That is a very nice spit and it was a pleasure to see it. Plus its a Polish Squadron, Their fighter pilot training was up there with Top Gun A much under valued fighting force in WW2 and Churchill's worst and greatest mistake. Well done SDK a beautiful model. Especially love the weathering on the underside and the detail in the cockpit. Kinda with the rest of the guys on the finish, I am a matt look for WW2 fighters guy, But hey, that doesn't detract from a model very well built. Well done

• Like 1