What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

• 2 weeks later...

The Royal Jordanian Falcons (I think anyway!) heading for Edinburgh Airport about 1520 this afternoon, their appearing at the Museum of Flight Airshow on Saturday.

Last night (27th July) despite the pitch black and pouring rain I swore that I heard a Chinook flying nearby in the Oldham, Lancashire area,.....did anybody else hear it?

Quite strange in that weather and at night,...but we do get Chinook`s over every now and again.

Cheers

Tony

Last night (27th July) despite the pitch black and pouring rain I swore that I heard a Chinook flying nearby in the Oldham, Lancashire area,.....did anybody else hear it?

Quite strange in that weather and at night,...but we do get Chinook`s over every now and again.

Cheers

Tony

Not Lancs. but here in Telford we had a few Chinooks fly right over my house at about 0430 this morning. Either they were flying extremely low or there must've been a fair few because the racket was enough to wake me up from a very heavy sleep! Anybody know what it was all about?

Daryl

• Like 1

July 31st, and one of Wattisham's ASR Seakings has just flown over. Today is supposed to be their final day on ops unless there has been an extension.

Off to Wattisham Museum on Sunday, so I will learn more.

Edit: Stay of execution for another 2 weeks. Possibly being sold to Australia, but only fit for scrap apparently. Pilots up and about early today to get their hours in so they can watch the cricket!

Edited by bentwaters81tfw

We had a Gripen fly over Brno today.

A bit later there was a helicopter that I could hear but not see. It was definitely a louder and more robust noise than the usual air ambulance and police Eurocopters, so I'd wager it was a Hip or a Hind.

G-XXEB again, just taking off. Didn't see who got aboard but there was someone in full naval dress uniform so possibly Princess Anne again. (No, it would be her husband in the sailor suit.)

You should have asked the DM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3182569/All-Royals-risk-flight-tracker-app-Home-Office-steps-emerges-Queen-s-flight-followed.html

Rodders

PBY Catalina at about 1000ft flying majestically south on the Barnsley Rotherham border following the M1!

Bet you didn`t expect that!! Was it north or south bound?

Tony