What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

This morning about 9.30ish a Hawk heading towards LBA, did not get binoculars on it until it was disappearing, but the undercarriage and flaps were down and looked to be red. Sometimes had a Hercules at the weekend, but never a Hawk. 

In the week T.11s, presumably from Leeming are fairly regular visitors

I wonder if I'm having hallucinations but I could swear I saw a piston airliner with unswept fin landing in Trieste on the 8th. Couldn't drive there to confirm as I had to bring home the kid first. The fuselage looked NMF with a blue cheatline.

EDIT:

Found it! It was the Red Bull DC-6. 

Edited by Bonehammer

Two Redstarts having a dogfight, with lots of zooming and swooping.They were at it for about 10 minute, amazing watching them going through the tree branches without any collisions.I tried to get some pictures but they were just too fast to catch in the small field of view through a telephoto lens.

Edited by Biggles87
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biggles87 said:

Two Redstarts having a dogfight, with lots of zooming and swooping.They were at it for about 10 minute, amazing watching them going through the tree branches without any collisions.I tried to get some pictures but they were just too fast to catch in the small field of view through a telephoto lens.

Whasa Redstart?:huh:

21 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Whasa Redstart?:huh:

One of these...

redstart_male_1200x675.jpg?preset=landsc

Somewhere between a Robin and Blackbird in size

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Tucano buzzing about at low level for a while this morning.

Unusual these days to see any low flying military over this way yet when I first moved here just over twenty years ago there were low fliers most weekdays and sometimes depending on weather, deployments and exercises almost non-stop aircraft noise all day with Hawks , RAF & RN Harriers , Jaguars , both flavours of Tornado and F-15 , AAC Gazelle as well as the occasional Hercules , Sea King and Nimrod along with the more exotic visitors that Leuchars , Lossiemouth and Kinloss would attract using the town as an entry/exit point from the North Sea.     With the fast jets especially (and on one occasion a pair of low and slow B-1B) usually a second or sometimes more following behind and offset to the side

As the weather has been glorious for the past few days, it seems as if everyone with a PPL has been making the most of it, with light aircraft flying by every couple of minutes.

Just a few minutes ago (so probably 12.50 pm) I was in the back garden watching a Harvard fly past when something fairly big flew past the front of the house extremely low. I didn't see it, but I sure as hell heard it! My wife, who was sitting at her home office desk, did see it. She said that it looked to be at an altitude of around 200ft (she's pretty good at judging distance), was possibly overall grey and had a twin tail. I showed her a few pics and she picked out the B-25 as looking most like what she saw. It was heading north, maybe a mile to the west of the A1. I couldn't find anything on FR24 or ADS-B.

Anyone else see it?

As the weather has been glorious for the past few days, it seems as if everyone with a PPL has been making the most of it, with light aircraft flying by every couple of minutes.

Just a few minutes ago (so probably 12.50 pm) I was in the back garden watching a Harvard fly past when something fairly big flew past the front of the house extremely low. I didn't see it, but I sure as hell heard it! My wife, who was sitting at her home office desk, did see it. She said that it looked to be at an altitude of around 200ft (she's pretty good at judging distance), was possibly overall grey and had a twin tail. I showed her a few pics and she picked out the B-25 as looking most like what she saw. It was heading north, maybe a mile to the west of the A1. I couldn't find anything on FR24 or ADS-B.

Anyone else see it?

1am this morning the police helicopter was circling overhead. Very grumpy today having been woken up in a deep sleep.

30 minutes ago, Mozzy19 said:

A C-17 and 2 Chinooks this lunchtime. The thing that got me was the fact that the C-17 was flying lower than the Chinooks :blink:

Sean

Chinook pilots must've got nose bleeds flying that high

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wez said:

Chinook pilots must've got nose bleeds flying that high

Indeed. They normally do the council out of a job trimming the trees around here.

About 14:30, just south of my house and travelling west between Salisbury a Bell AH1 Cobra. 

Very distinctive 2 blade noise and the cockpit area was far too slim for it to be a Huey. 

It very definitely was not an Apache, we see them regularly. 

Appeared to be in a mottled camouflage colour. 

Very unusual. 

Italian AF KC 767 ... just after take-off (I am almost seeing end of runway of Krakow airport from my dining room....). This month was there also Israel AF 707!

Regards

J-W

1 Wildcat at about 6.15am and at 6.30am 4 Apaches went over going towards imber so perhaps on their way back to Wallop. Nice start to a Saturday.

I think I just saw a Wallis-type autogyro whilst walking the dog at the park.  That’s assuming there’s no such thing as a cabriolet helicopter in the UK.