What's flying over your house? Thread #2

HP42

21 hours ago, Rick Brown said:

Couple of Harvards pottering around.

The regular one was on FR24.

Rick.

Rick,

I wonder if these were the two planes I saw flying in formation - well, close together - South east ish over Kidderminster yesterday, early afternoon? I was indoors, heard the engine noise, went out to have a look but they moved off away from me.

• Like 1

Last weekend and a few before that, Avro Anson in and out of Tern Hill. Lovely sight and sound. Hopefully it will be back. And lots of Squirrels (those with the whirly bits on top) at fifty feet over the house. The dogs love watching them. 

• Like 2

I feel a bit left out. :rofl:

The only things flying over my house are shiny metal tubes, of which I've no interest, delivering tourists to foreign lands, flying so high I wouldn't be able to tell what they were even if I was interested. Many years ago Concorde flew over the house and I gone a bit more excited than was strictly necessary, so maybe it's for the best. :frantic:

8 hours ago, Whofan said:

Rick,

I wonder if these were the two planes I saw flying in formation - well, close together - South east ish over Kidderminster yesterday, early afternoon? I was indoors, heard the engine noise, went out to have a look but they moved off away from me.

Yep, that'll be the same ones.

one lives at Gloucester and I see it over here, and on fr24, quite regularly. 

Not sure were the other one came from.

Rick.

4 hours ago, Rover420 said:

Last weekend and a few before that, Avro Anson in and out of Tern Hill. Lovely sight and sound. Hopefully it will be back. And lots of Squirrels (those with the whirly bits on top) at fifty feet over the house. The dogs love watching them. 

I didn't even know we had any Ansons flying in the uk anymore!

Rick.

5 hours ago, tonyh said:

Vampire headed East over Aston Cantlow, Warks.

Lovely noise!

Tony

Tony, that flew over Kidderminster around 5.30 pm - what a sight - and sound!

My wife and I were with her brother, and I was able to regale him with the story of Winkle Brown's landing on HMS Ocean, which he hadn't heard before.

On 01/05/2017 at 9:32 AM, Grey Beema said:

Did you tell him of the rubber flight deck testing?

No I didn't.

Probably because it wasn't on HMS Ocean, the carrier my father served on - though not when Brown flew on to it, but during the Korean War, and my brother in law has an RC Sea Fury in Carmichael's colours so I've given him chapter and verse on Ocean, Carmichael and Winkle Brown.

I didn't actually see this come over, as I was indoors and didn't have enough time to get out and see it. All I heard was the approaching roar and my wife scream, and then it was gone. She said it was delta winged, but the likelihood is that she saw the swept wings of an Alpha Jet. There is a training base at Tours, and they fly around our area quite a lot. Never seen one as low as that seemed to be though.

John.  

• Like 1

According to Flight Radar 24 the two contrails over my house were left by KL603, Boeing 747-400 PH-BFY flying AMS-LAX and LH452, Airbus A340-600 D-AIHP flying MUC-LAX.

Just had three circuits by Shuttleworth's Lysander. Always welcome over these skies, especially as the neighbouring village is Tempsford!

When I rushed outside to seem what was making all the noise, I had a nice, low flypast by a red kite.

Saw the f-35s that had been visiting as they headed back to the US, they were in formation with what I assume were their support transport over Dundee yesterday morning, must have been around 10am. I say saw but they must have been at 30k ft or more, sky was beautifully clear though and they all left some great contrails as they executed their turn to North West, even the Dundee airport twitter feed commented on it

Rutan Long Ez G-BRFB heading down the Dee Estuary. According to my Plane Finder app, it started around Oban.

Trevor

Breaking news - it's just landed at Sleap

Today we had two circuits by a Hurricane, shortly followed by a Dragon Rapide. The Rapide came back shortly after with a Chipmunk in formation.

While I'm mostly fed up of living in Bedfordshire, there certainly are advantages to living so close to Old Warden!

Just been watching a Hurricane and Harvard in formation over my home being 'beaten up' by a two seat Spit for the last 20mins, heavenly!!!! Can't wait for Biggin Hill airshow in August